Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Old 08-30-2019, 11:48 AM

Awesome looking projects! Omgosh...

Thank you, Sewbiz!! I'm beyond thrilled so far with the house results. Can't wait!

jangjang....gorgeous stainglass quilt. Love all the colors. Right up my alley..

jessica....stunning star...black and yellow is a fav colorway for me...

NZ...on man!!! Leaking roof stinks... I guess this is part of owning a historical home, huh? Hoping it gets fixed soon and you can get to sewing..

geevee....looking forward to seeing your colorful tote... This reminds me to make myself a tote. It's on my things to do list and I haven't been too motivated yet...lol..

I have finished the last two blocks for this week's sew along. I do not care for Holt's turned edge method (she uses sew-in interfacing and turns inside out and I need more practice). The points aren't as defined nor are the curves. So, on block 4 (cross red flowers), I used my tried and true turned edge method and it looks so much better, IMO....so I think I'm going to redo the blue flower block my way. Then...Just need to machine applique the blocks...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 08-30-2019, 12:12 PM

I'm going to be working on something this weekend. If my husband works part of the time, I'll work on an Old Guys Rule quilt I'm doing for him. The top is done, it needs to be sandwiched and quilted. Not something I can do if he's around and apt to be popping in to my sewing room from time to time. If he doesn't work, I'll probably sandwich another top I have finished from the BIBMA (before I broke my ankle) time.

Jessica, that black and yellow star is awesome. I can hardly wait to see it finished.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:19 PM

Had to do a little restart, went to cut the strip sets and realized I cut all the center strips 1/2" too narrow. Arg So just recut all of those and will sew them together shortly, once I get some sustenance in me. And coffee, plenty of coffee. lol
Old 08-30-2019, 12:59 PM

I spent far too much time today (and yesterday) on my latest word game... but I beat the goal I set for myself so am taking a lunch break. The postcard columns are each sewn, haven't started pinning the rows together yet and there is a washer full of fabric I will have to deal with for the border and the back now that I know roughly how long the quilt will be. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a stickler on prewashing.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:11 PM

I haven't managed to do any sewing today but I'm sure enjoying popping in here to see what everyone else is working on!

Rob
Old 08-30-2019, 01:22 PM

I slept 12 hours last night and managed to not take a nap today, so I must be getting better LOL. I made one block for my Farmer's Wife challenge group. Family reunion tomorrow, so probably no sewing
Old 08-30-2019, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

I called in sick today and went back to bed. I slept until 11am! I am starting to feel a little bit better (or less miserable?) so I think the shot and antibiotics have gotten the jump on the sinus infection. I got some of my civil war Bricks and Stones blocks sewn. Just pacing myself. If getting this quilt put together is the only thing I get done over the weekend, that will be ok.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
IngeMK... I post via IPAD. I downloaded a free App to resize my photos and it works great. The name of the App is called "Tekunodo"/Simple Resize. If you decide to download it, PM me if you need help...
Thanks, I'll try
Old 08-30-2019, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post

I have finished the last two blocks for this week's sew along. I do not care for Holt's turned edge method (she uses sew-in interfacing and turns inside out and I need more practice). The points aren't as defined nor are the curves. So, on block 4 (cross red flowers), I used my tried and true turned edge method and it looks so much better, IMO....so I think I'm going to redo the blue flower block my way. Then...Just need to machine applique the blocks...
So Teen, do tell; what is your tried and true turned edge method? I haven't done a lot of applique, and would love to know what's working for you.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:51 PM

Alrighty, strip sets redone, cut and ready for assembly (probably tomorrow, my back hurts now lol).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616853[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails wovenbagsetscut.jpg