Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Old 12-17-2022, 08:49 AM

Been running about getting things ready for the last push to family celebrations. Put a binding on a holiday gift quilt yesterday and forgot to add the label. Unstitch, add label, restitch and photo for posterity. I will be making more fabric gift bags today and tomorrow. only 9 more to go! Then stuff them and put them in baskets for two family events. Will post photos, likely tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:29 AM

In my home only in my DREAMS. i've never had success on keeping the shelves in order because the piece I want is Always on the very bottom of the pile!
Old 12-17-2022, 10:18 AM

Spent 2 hours last night organizing fab my color. Looks so nice today but afraid to touch it!

When I realized I was tnding in the middle of the room talking to myself...well ltime to go to bed

Found fab that was donated to Project Linus that I thought I would use for quilts...nope...into a bag to return at our Jan meeting. That freed up a lot of shelf space. Have a second tote of PL patterns and stuff that needs to back, too.

Found an empty container to store the kits I've made up. WOW!!! Sewig room really taking shape. (Notice...I have not mentioned the cuttilng table!)

Time for lunch and then Round 2.

Old 12-17-2022, 11:03 AM

Fabric is MAGIC.

I have some project Linus fabric - cute bookshelves and a green bookworm crawling around. I took a dive into my scrap pile and found some long quarters that matched the colors of the books. I started by making 20 or so 6" quarter log cabins. Simple plan of alternating blockbut then I was seized with inspiration.

And I made *magic* out of my scraps. I'm a wizard! Took 2 days to get to this point. I'm going to add scrappy border - out of the extras from the strip sets and then a big 6" border of the bookworm fabric. Just... floored that I could made something that pretty in 2 half days of work.

Remaining bookworm and the not used blocks will go to the backing.

So... anyway - that's what I'm working on this VQW.

Attached Thumbnails img_20221217_122258702.jpg  
Old 12-17-2022, 01:12 PM

RFF, I love Hungry caterpilasr fab. I did the same thing to make the quilt large enough...quarter square log cabin blocks. So darn cute...back I pul butterflies!
Old 12-17-2022, 01:31 PM

I have a baby quilt I hope to get sandwiched, and maybe start to quilt. Always enjoy hearing about and seeing everyone’s projects.
Old 12-17-2022, 02:14 PM

Hey everyone

Not a lot of progress today, was hit with the mother of all tension headaches that moved to a migraine quick and I spent the better part of the day in bed trying to sleep through it. Aside from some weakness, I'm better and my plan is to not move that much this evening and just concentrate on knitting. Unless the other half comes home, then I might just go back to bed. Was really hoping to get some good progress today, but things happen.
Old 12-17-2022, 02:21 PM

Got the binding done, quilt washed, wrapped and ready for Christmas. Note to self, never do 2 inch binding again, uggggg! Did get more units made for my current project and I am happy with my progress.

RFF- Love that star and the background fabric is fantastic!
Old 12-17-2022, 02:40 PM

My little quilt is sandwiched, so will go back and make a few more clothes for a felt doll I am making for GD.
Attached Thumbnails 7b580454-9d06-45c2-9a0f-c2b3b12ae148.jpeg  
Old 12-17-2022, 03:26 PM

I switched projects, not UFO quilts but a UFO room divider. We have a room off the kitchen that was finished a number of years ago. Right now is is just a storage area, at one time it was our non electric parlor. I.E. no TV only old fashion radio. Well since the TV went from the living room up stairs to the family room in the basement we don't need the room as a sitting room. My stained glass setup is out there but in the winter it is a little cold and dark in the room to work, it's on the NW corner of the house. In the past years I have hung a quilt flimsy there but wanted something more permanent. So grabbed 10 orphan block and I am trying QAYG for the first time. I think my math is correct for the size of batting squares I need, but we will see, I have 2 blocks done. I figure I will do 4 blocks then try to but the sashings on them. Wish me luck. Will post a pick tomorrow.