Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Old 12-16-2022, 03:53 PM

Default Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Welcome to VQW! For some reason I thought it was Thursday all day so I知 a little late starting this thread 😁. I will do a special VQW New Years weekend. The next regular one will be January 13-16, 2023.

i did some organizing today. I had lots of scrap pieces of batting. So I measured them and labeled them with the measurements and made a master list. Then I took out all my quilting thread to organize by color. Tomorrow I知 quilting with friends. So I will check back in tomorrow!
Old 12-16-2022, 04:14 PM

Oh I need this badly. Three scrappy quilts are ready for washer/drier. I've lost my cuttilng table. I think it's under Mount Scrapmore. Probably will take me all weekend to find the table and so I can start another quilt. I have a bad habit when I finish a quilt I don't deal with the leftovers which creates chaos and no way is it organized chaos.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:33 PM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! I have binding to finish on a Christmas gift and I would like to continue with my current project. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 12-16-2022, 04:34 PM

I'll just be thinking of you guys and hope you get some quilting project done. I have to serve at a funeral tomorrow and host our family's Christmas gathering on Sunday. To accommodate everyone's schedule, I had to have it this Sunday so everyone could come.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:52 PM

This is the push I need. I have an ugly to me quilt pin basted and ready to quilt. I am also making covers for little pocket tissue packets. 40 done and about 30 more to do. These are
more fun than looking at the ugly quilt
Old 12-16-2022, 05:02 PM

I'm cleaning my new bedroom out so I can get my bed moved in there and then I will put all my fabric in my living room so when I can start buyinh the lumber I will be able to start pounding away. I've drawn the plans and will have everything cut at home depot.
Old 12-16-2022, 07:43 PM

Thanks Heather for hosting,

I just finished a UFO, still need to post it on the UFO thread, but also have 3 others that need work on this weekend. I should be able to get into the sewing room and make some progress, the only things on the schedule this weekend are some quick grocery shopping in the morning. Then a trip down to Mankato to meet with someone who wants to purchase one of my DH's guitars. Then Church on Sunday so that should leave a decent amount of sewing time for me.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:59 PM

Good evening, my quilting sisters! Heather, thanks again for hosting.

Currently not doing any sewing, I'm knitting the double tailed Santa hat that Penny wore on the Big Bang Theory. My first attempt was okay, I was so worried about dropping stitches that I knitted it far too tight, so I'm remaking it with larger needles and adjusted the pattern a little. It's turning out much better, I'm hoping to have it done by next weekend, we're due for snow. I'm really into yarn projects right now, I think I have six new knitting patterns and about a dozen crochet patterns, and I've been shopping for yarn, lol. So I may be knitting right now, but I'm in my sewing corner and I'm cheering everyone on!

Just curious to know if anyone is going to be doing the de-clutter challenge with Karen Brown next month?

Old 12-16-2022, 09:00 PM

hello everyone. I’m quilting 2 tops for a friend, working on the r/w&blk top and cutting out parts 2-4 on BHMQ-22 and as a beginner/ender project sewing blocks together for charity tops. And make a exchange gift for guild meeting.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:32 AM

OMG! I LOST A DAY!!! Celebrating oldest son's b'day on Sunday. OMG!!! I lost a daiy. Oh well. Just have to stop sewing and start sorting.

Need to have these shelves presentable by noon Sunday. Fabric shelving hs been moved to the living room wall and a total disaster. Needs a MAJOR "readjustment". Been up for an hour working on it and making progress.

If anyone has suggestions on how to keep fabric nice and tidy, send them my way OR are tidy shelves of fabric only in quilt shops?