Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Old 12-18-2022, 12:26 PM

Its always time special eggnog
Old 12-18-2022, 03:51 PM

RFF; you got the egg nog. That and mince meat pie are my fave Christmas foods.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
If anyone has suggestions on how to keep fabric nice and tidy, send them my way OR are tidy shelves of fabric only in quilt shops?
Not sure if it works for quilts, but I have a cover for the plastic boxes I use to store my scraps in. They are stacked against a wall four deep by three wide and they're definitely functional rather than fashionable. A pretty throw over them has made all the difference! I imagine a curtain for shelves could be quite useful in a pinch. I think my advice has come too late, but maybe for the future?
Old 12-18-2022, 05:11 PM

Good progress today, all 10 blocks are quilted and trimmed. I know that I will lose some points since the orphan blocks are some of my first quilt squares. I have the extra batting and some of the sashing fabric cut. Should be able to get them finished in the morning.
Good thing that it's almost done, the overnight temps are going below 0 for a few days, and the two rooms tend to get cold.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:46 AM

I got about 3/4 of the quilting done on my ugly quilt. I had to quit when it got too cold in that room. Hope to get it finished in the next couple days. Thanks for hosting VQW again
Old 12-19-2022, 08:48 AM

I really like what you made and I like the Pioneer Woman line of kitchen stuff.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Nessie...funny thing I'm sew All Boxed in pattern right now but using yardage for the center instread of charms. I have have so many cuts that are working perfectly for centers. Just a different version of a great pattern. BTW, all of these quilts using this pattern asre going tko our loacal Project Linus chapter.
That is great! Isn't it fun and easy? I think yardage would work great. I have a few large pieced squares I want to use for the next ones I make.
Old 12-20-2022, 03:05 AM

I'm so proud of myself. Shelves of fab still look so nice and YES I have been shopping my stash.Tidied some of the fat quarters but that proved to be too much work since I wanted to sew. Have three projects in various stages. Best I NOT talk about tjhe cuttng table. It was cleared off for one day. Maybe next month I can have it cleared off for 2!...(doubful. Very doubtful .)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:00 AM

I promised photos but then... well I got busy with Christmas prep. Here is the quilt I finished for a Christmas gift and the little drawstring bags that each have a different gnome inside. I have made 16 bags and oh, 20 or so gnomes and have a few more to go. Such good quick gifts. The bag pattern is from Laura of SewVeryEasy. They are easy to make and a good way to use up smaller cuts of fabric,Drawstring gift bags (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfumP5AkrLw&t=2s)

I forgot to mention the name of the block in the quilt is Blackford's Beauty. An old civil war era pattern. Wow how it changes in more modern colors.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-12-18-ann-keelers-quilt-resized.jpg   2022-12-22-gnomes-bags-resized-.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 12-22-2022 at 10:04 AM.