Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 12-15, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 12-15, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 12-15, 2024

Old 01-18-2024, 04:55 AM

Thanks for comments about my checker board rainbow quilt. I have an seriously large stash of 2.5" squares AKA candies. So my first quilt of 2024 was a dive into that candy stash. This quilt used more than a 1,000 little squares. Daunting? Naw, I just made 6X6 squares then added sashing and corner stones and wall-la a quilt top.

Keep stitching Logcabin82. You too will be amazed at how many candy squares will disappear from stash in just one quilt. keep peddling!
Old 01-21-2024, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Love everyone's projects... from the blocks to WMUTeach's beautiful checkerboard quilt! I've been working on sewing my neutral and low volume "candy" squares (2.5") into 9 patches, for a low volume quilt. Some of the 9 patches have a bright color in the center, some just the low volumes. I had so many of these squares... now not so much!
Attached Thumbnails img_e4082.jpg  
Old 01-21-2024, 06:57 AM

Nice job, SBG. How many 9Ps are you planning to make? Really like those with the dark center. I see one of my squares!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Love everyone's projects... from the blocks to WMUTeach's beautiful checkerboard quilt! I've been working on sewing my neutral and low volume "candy" squares (2.5") into 9 patches, for a low volume quilt. Some of the 9 patches have a bright color in the center, some just the low volumes. I had so many of these squares... now not so much!
Old 01-21-2024, 03:49 PM

Hope to see more of your 9 patches, sewbizgirl, on the Birthday Swap 2.5 day!