Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 26-28, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 26-28, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 26-28, 2019

Old 07-26-2019, 03:04 PM

I will be quilting an honor quilt for our local senior center's Veterans Day program. I managed to quilt 2 of them last weekend, so I should be able to get 1 done this weekend.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:16 PM

I have made a bit of progress on both my quilting projects today. Tomorrow will be a bit pressed for time and If I want to spend any time with DH. I will be on the road by 6:45am to get to the Farmer's Market for fresh veggies and maybe some fruits. I don't have to much canning to do this season. My shelves are pretty well stocked right now.
It is a bit of a challenge when quilting and canning season over lap. that doesn't happen often but when it does it is a mad rush. Fortunately I only have some cherries, mixed veggies, sweet relish, tomato sauce and apples to do up this summer season. It is normal for me to have at least one active quilting project going in the summer while the winter months are busier. I completed 15 8-1/2" blocks today and so far have about 1/3 of the quilt on the frame done on the Brothers 1500se. I am stippling it and will do all the boarders on my other DSM. I have a little frog stitching to do on it right now and I am gonna rest for the evening with DH
Old 07-26-2019, 03:31 PM

Have the blocks together, not taken the time to trim all the threads yet...still deciding on a border, but having company for dinner so won't be getting anything further done tonight. I am trying a new recipe tonight, Garden Potato Salad in an older Betty Crocker book, so we will see how that is. [ATTACH=CONFIG]615295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails renate-2-2-x-4-4001_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 07-26-2019, 04:55 PM

I got my baby quilt together. It is the”mommy and me” elephants. It’s marked and ready to quilt in the morning. Also decided on a cross stitch pattern for the cuff of the first Xmas stocking I need to make for the new great grandson. That is getting started tonight. Hope to have both projects finished tomorrow and on to the second stocking. Good thing housework was done yesterday
Old 07-26-2019, 06:26 PM

I will be lurking in between pulling weeds from my vegetable garden...no time for sewing this weekend but thank you for hosting VQW.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:11 PM

I"m taking my Juki in for it's 1 year check up tomorrow and looking for some border fabric and backing to go with the Old Guys Rule quilt I'm making for my husband. I'm going to work on squaring up the blocks and maybe getting them put together on Sunday.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:57 AM

Have 3 baby quits to finish up but alas, no quilting for me at all. In MN to watch my 10 year old granddaughter in a Ninja Warrior competition!
Old 07-27-2019, 07:59 AM

Woot Fizzle! I love the Ninja Warriors!

I got the first round of the sashing on my postcard blocks done yesterday. There isn't much there to trim but I'm going to check them out with a ruler today. I will leave putting on the vertical sashing until my Tuesday small group, would be the perfect project for that amount of time.

So... just maybe... I'll start my paper piecing today. Hubby is working a 12 hour day and I will have lots of uninterrupted time even going to the small quilt show I'm going to today. Otherwise I can work with the layout of the postcard top. I have 73 blocks and will be using 70 of them, they are already in sets of 10 so a column. There is one block that I know where I want to place it, at 6 across and 10 down I have a piece that looks sort of like an American traditional tattoo that says "because I'm your mother" and 6/10 is my son's birthday. Other than that, placement will be random. I thought about doing groups of 4 like pages in a scrapbook, but decided to go random as a better choice for my collection.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:49 AM

I'm sort of in, I just finished putting the finishing touches on this year's Fall handbag:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615331[/ATTACH]

Next I'm going to unsew some not-quite-right projects and make 2 1/2" squares from them for another project I have in mind, that should take me...a week or so. lol
Attached Thumbnails fallhandbag1.jpg   fallhandbag19interior.jpg  
Old 07-27-2019, 12:19 PM

Started the quilting on a baby quilt. It has Cuddle on the back and I was worried about how it was going to be to spray baste and then quilt, but it basted up like a charm and my Tiara is zipping through it like nothing, so I'm pleased with that. Also, the quilting on the back looks fantastic in the deep pile. It's so soft.

I also got sucked into the black hole that is YouTube, looking at 2 1/2" strip scrap quilts to do, so there went a couple of hours....Barely made it out alive.

Rob! You're going to a Danny Amazonas clinic?! I'm so jealous!

Watson