Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021

Old 03-11-2021, 06:23 PM

Crud... DD is bringing the family and her father-in-law over on Saturday, which means clean all day Friday and cook all day Saturday. I'll get something done, though!
Old 03-11-2021, 11:24 PM
Power Poster

Happy lab, I want to see your Grinch quilt!

I got my granddaughter’s backpack finished, for her birthday on April 1. Now I need to finish a second one for my other GD. And I have a GS about to be born any day!
Old 03-12-2021, 03:49 AM

Hum, joining but want to be smart about my list.

1. Finish hand sewing binding on January Color Block Quilt.
2. Finish piecing the February Color Block Quilt
3. Go shopping for fabric for Harriet's Journey Quilt -
4. Make shamrock cookies for my son....Patrick.
5. Do a "clean up" in my sewing room. (Dust, vac. and put away the odds and ends).
That should do. I will be cheering if I get that much done.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:44 AM

Perfect weekend for sewing as it is going to be chilly here Saturday and Sunday...thanks Heather for getting this going early.

I have a quilt loaded and just him and hawing over how to quilt it...
I have all the pendants made for my DGD’s Easter bunting, just need to make a bias tape strip to sew them altogether.
Attached Thumbnails 97f61fea-fc01-4508-a40a-0bc27cfec19a.jpeg  
Old 03-12-2021, 04:47 AM

I’m in. Thanks for hosting, Heather!

cool flimsy, jmoore

I want to finish piecing the March colorblock quilt top. I also have a UFO that needs a little more decorative quilting before binding. And maybe I'll play some more with my improv crumb quilt if I get the March colorblock finished and off my design wall.

looking forward to seeing everyone’s projects
Rob
Old 03-12-2021, 05:35 AM

Good Morning everyone, and thank you Heather!

I'm not sure how much actual sewing I will get done but I will be working in the sewing room this weekend. I will be cutting a quilt today I have 2 colors yet to cut, I put it on hold when I did a big oops. So to see if I have enough fabric left I will cut the rest of the strips then try to get the last two squares that need to be cut into QST, My sewing room is also in desperate need of a cleaning! I am planing on taking a picture so may do a before and after. Lastly I have a 1013 UFO that needs it's final borders then sandwiching. But I don't know if I have a back for it I need to look for it when I clean! Vicious cycle!

I do have to accompany the DH to St. Cloud tomorrow while he works. Just a 4 hour shift, so I will have time to go to Gruber's there. Then we will visit my baby brother and his family from the end of the drive, it's suppose to get nice this weekend. I get my second shot on Sunday so soon be able to socialize more.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:53 AM

Good morning!

thepolyparrot--I think we all need accountability, that's why we get so much done during one of these. I know I tell myself that I have to do such and such because I said I was going to do it on the quilting board . Love your avatar photo.

jmoore--very pretty quilt with such vibrant colors,

I finished the blocks for my March ufo and starting laying it out. Will start piecing later this morning. I have Curvealicious in a few minutes to watch. It is a quilt along/class one of the local shops is doing. All curved piecing. So far we've done double wedding ring, drunkards path and now we're working on winding way. Last week we made the top and bottoms halves and this week we will attach the connectors. The nice thing is we cut everything on the Accuquilt cutter which simplifies life. I'll probably work on some of those this afternoon to.

Will check back in later!
Old 03-12-2021, 05:57 AM

I will be finishing up a wall hanging, need to do some applique on it. Am looking for a piece of tracing paper to add the words "Welcome" on it so won't be able to finish it till I do that.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

This is GD's quilted backpack I just finished. In the third pic I was trying to show some of the inside pockets.

Attached Thumbnails img_0835.jpg   img_0836.jpg   img_0837.jpg  
Old 03-12-2021, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

Pretty quilt top, jmoore. Are they 2.5" squares or bigger?