Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Old 03-17-2019, 02:33 PM

What a beautiful bag!

Originally Posted by geevee View Post
Oh, so many great projects, love them!

I've been in the mood for some raw edge applique lately, just finished this Lotus and Butterfly shoulder bag for Spring/Summer that I spent the last week or so on:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610396[/ATTACH]
Old 03-17-2019, 02:37 PM

Congratulations on finishing an older UFO! It feels good doesn't it

Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
completed flimsy this is UFO from a class I attended in 2003
Old 03-17-2019, 02:42 PM

Well looks like everyone has been hard at work. I returned from retreat this afternoon. All of my stuff is out of the car and dumped in my sewing room so guess what I get to do first tomorrow. I have five quilt tops to be quilted and bound and then I can start working on the retreat projects to finish them. I made really good progress on most of the projects I took but didn't finish any there. See everyone again next month!
Old 03-17-2019, 03:03 PM

My camera charged so here are pics. These are all (or will be) prayer quilts. The first two are donation tops that I quilted. The next two are my own creations. As you can see they are not yet trimmed and bound, but will be by Tuesday. The last photo is 4 blocks from the Happy Cloud quilt along called Frame it Up. Whew! Now I will start working on the hearts and nine patches.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610454[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails donation-1.jpg   rwb-1.jpg   sarah1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2019, 03:06 PM

Oops! Only three posted. Here is the last quilt which will go to our Congolese immigrant congregation that shares our church building. And the 4 blocks I mentioned above.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610458[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails african.jpg   frame-4.jpg  
Old 03-17-2019, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Well... some people call Vernor's ginger ale. Some call it cream soda. I'd say it is somewhere in-between or different. It is definitely not alcoholic but it is hard to describe. He's keeping to his keto way of eating so this is diet Vernor's.

https://www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com/brands/vernors
Can't believe I've never seen it or heard of it. I've learned about something new!

Patrice, glad the ice is working for you, so far. It does work wonders for taking down the inflamation.

Belfry, lovely quilts and great accomplishment!

I didn't get much more than the checkerboards quilt top together, in the way of quilting... Yesterday I had to make more diapers, quick. The mother went into labor a month early! They got the labor stopped, but I'm sure she's going to have an early delivery, one way or the other.

Today I went off to find more diaper fabric at JoAnn's and ended up out much longer than I planned to be. Got home and took a nap! Does that count as an accomplishment?

Nice sewing and sharing with you all this weekend! Thanks again to Raggiemom....
Old 03-17-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Love the quilt and quilting, do you have room to move? I drool over every Long Arm I see, no room in the house. But maybe a sit-down mid-arm is what would work for me.
Yes, I have room on one side at a time. I slide the frame over depending on which side I need to work on. LOL!! My quilting studio wasn't made for a 26" longarm. But this works for me!
Old 03-17-2019, 04:42 PM

Sewbizgirl, yes the machine came with a stitch regulator. I have taken classes and attempted for years to FMQ on my domestic machine,and just never could grasp it so I figured that if I was ever going to finish my quilts without stitch in a ditch or QAYG method, both of which I had to do using my feed dogs, I was going to have to have some sort of machine with a frame/carriage set up and it would need a stitch regulator. Happy so far.

Connie, I've never given it a thought to check my chair wheels......until now. Will be doing so tomorrow.

Patrice, I work in an Orthopedic office and can say ice is your best friend right now. Hope you continue to heal well and will back to yourself soon.

Belfrybat, great quilts, love the brown and green one.

Love these VQWs, Raggiemom, thanks for hosting, and thank you all for sharing your work and encouraging and inspiring us all.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:46 PM

Have 2/3's of the memory quilt finished, should have the machine quilting done tomorrow, then a bit of hand stitching to outline some of the t-shirt printing. Will post a picture when bound. Made corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes and soda bread today for dinner. Also 4 loads of laundry, that's probably why I didn't get as much done as I wanted to.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:34 PM

Wow! What beautiful quilts y'all did! We all really worked hard this weekend. I finished 5 baby quilt tops and sandwiched one. I plan to have the other 4 sandwiched this week. Maybe I'll have them all completed by the next VQW. Thanks for letting me tag along.