Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Old 03-17-2019, 11:45 AM

Well... some people call Vernor's ginger ale. Some call it cream soda. I'd say it is somewhere in-between or different. It is definitely not alcoholic but it is hard to describe. He's keeping to his keto way of eating so this is diet Vernor's.

https://www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com/brands/vernors
Old 03-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Ice every hour? Wow, what a nuisance that must be. Hope it's keeping the swelling down.
Yup. Twenty minutes of icing and then an hour off. Then 20 minutes more of icing. It's a pain but it does seem to be helping. When I'm up and around for any length of time, it swells so much that it's almost painful. The icing does seem to help that. I noticed on Friday that my foot is looking like a foot again and there's actually shape to my ankle. It used to look like this big blob with toes with a stovepipe stuck in it so I'm happy about that. We'll see what the doc says on Wed.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:12 PM

Recycler is there a pattern for the scrappy. I think I have enough scraps to do several. Lol. I usually do string but I like the visual look of yours.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:24 PM

Sharon...sorry, I just saw a picture on Pinterest and copied it, making fewer colored pieces in the stack. The "logs" are each 2.5" x 4.5". I had a lot of small amounts of pinks from previous projects, so this pattern worked well for that. I'm always on the lookout for a string pattern I like too!
Old 03-17-2019, 01:26 PM

Good luck Patrice, it's no fun at all being out of commission! You can do this!
Old 03-17-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
Judy, congrats on finishing the UFO! It a beauty!!

I've been busy today. I finished 3 baby quilt tops and have 2 more almost done. My aim was to do only 4, but I had a bunch of squares left over from them, so I hunted in the stash for more fabric to make the 5th one a real scrappy. I'll finish the last 2 tops and get a good start on sandwiching all of them.

I checked out 5 or 6 audio books from the library yesterday ... all mysteries... cranked up the CD player and sewed like crazy!! What fun!!
Sussan, I have been listing to "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" as I have been Quilting away. Love listing to books on CD, You are way more productive than I, you have 2 almost done, and I'm still working on the one.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I got the light corners changed out on this Swingin' Checkerboards quilt top... and I like it much better!

This is my top with darker corners. Looks much better.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610420[/ATTACH]
Looks so much more calm, nothing is screaming Look at Me only!

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama View Post
I[ATTACH=CONFIG]610431[/ATTACH]
Very first project off my new to me midarm machine. Did an all over simple meander. Got lots to learn but so far I'm enjoying it and am enjoying learning this new quilting skill.

Sewbizgirl, I like the new corners too, perfect!
Looks Awesome!

[QUOTE=recycler;8226774]Looks like a lot of work being done this weekend! Love seeing everyone's projects! I finished my 2 quilts...had one mainly done, and the other needed borders, quilting and binding. Both simple and quick!
Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
This was what I was working on this weekend, it's finished now but here it is when it was on my longarm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610436[/ATTACH]
Love the quilt and quilting, do you have room to move? I drool over every Long Arm I see, no room in the house. But maybe a sit-down mid-arm is what would work for me.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:24 PM

Wow, I am in awe of everyone's creations. Too many to call out by name, but you are one energetic creative group.
I quilted two and worked on a quilting challenge I'm participating in. I'm now ready to work on the hearts and nine patch quilt. My camera is charging and I'll post pics in an hour or so. I've quilted four quilts in three days and my shoulders are aching. But it's a good ache.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:26 PM

I had a very productive retreat, completed the first clue blocks for a guild mystery, added 2 more rounds to a BOM medallion UFO, and made some string sashing strips for a super-sized version of Wonky Wishes. No pictures, but I have managed to put all of the equipment I took to the retreat away! Whew!!
raggiemom, I was at Clifty Falls state park... hopefully will be at the OVQG retreat in the fall.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:29 PM

Sounds like a fun road trip! Enjoy

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I will be watching from the sidelines this month as DH and I are on a road trip from Maine to Key West this month. We veered off to Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans along the way. I do have a hand appliqué project to work on while we’re in the car.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:31 PM

Connie--I may have to check the wheels on my chairs. I'm wondering how much thread might be stuck in mine!

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Lots of great progress and projects!

I finished cleaning out my sewing chair wheels. Whew! It’s amazing how much thread gets stuck in them. I guess I probably should be better about sweeping the area.

I finished my 3 blocks for a BOW. Now on to my BOM blocks. I have several projects to choose from for leader/enders and one may be a finished top by tomorrow.