Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Old 12-29-2022, 02:23 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Welcome to a special edition of VQW. Happy New Year to all of you!

I have been busy since our VQW two weeks ago, doing some organizing and finishing some projects. My goal this weekend is to finish organizing and finish the last two tops that hang over the upstairs railing. Of course, that's in-between doing some house stuff as my husband is still off on vacation and I need to put him to work! So what are all of you working on this weekend?

Next regular VQW is January 13-16, 2023.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:33 PM

Thank you for the inspiration of a VQW. I was finally able to get the Christmas quilt for my daughter & her husband was finally sent off to be quilted on 12/12/22. The fact it was sent before Christmas was a major accomplishment for me. This weekend I want to start the Exploding Heart quilt for my DH. I have had it all cut out for at least 6 months now. And this is the perfect opportunity to get it going.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:57 PM

yay! Thanks for hosting, Heather.

I'm still working on detail quilting for my Tempest/Crosswinds quilt. I've also got all the paper pieced portions of Sunflower Illusions done, so will be putting those up on the design wall to help decide which inside fan goes with which outside arc. Then I might stitch some of them together.

Rob
Old 12-29-2022, 03:03 PM

Oh YEAH from NM!! Recovering from a nasty virus so a little behind in my sewing. Working on another Jagged Xs from Donna Jordan for Project Linus. Need 56 8" blocks and have close to that number already pieced so I should be able to get it done by Monday. HAPPY NEW YEAR every one!!!
Old 12-29-2022, 03:06 PM

Thank’s for hosting Heather! I got all my chores and errands done today so that I can spend the weekend sewing. I need to redo at least 4 units or it will result in lost points, and I hope to finish making the remaining connector units. This has been a frustrating pattern that has far too much jibber jabber and requires far too much effort to make it less of a hassle. I wish there were a “standard” for writing quilt patterns.
I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 12-29-2022, 06:12 PM

I'm working on 3 things maybe can get 1 of them finished.

1--decide what to use for the binding on the one quilt posted under help.

2-try to get the layout for the girls' quilts (need 3) and

3-Matthew 2's cop quilt backing made into a "panel" fabric.

Thanks for hosting this VQW Heather.

Last edited by MaryKa; 12-29-2022 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:30 PM

I jumped the gun a bit and have been sewing 2.5" squares all day today. All the blocks for one quilt are finished and I have been making pairs of squares that are black and white prints for a checkerboard style quilt. Both quilts are for Project Linus.

I have an abundance of 2.5's because I cut my scraps that size. Bottom line is it is time to trim down my collection and get to using some of them. I am part of the 2.5 Birthday Swap here on the board and get more from that source too . Hey, if you are interested, come and join us. A very communicative group with lots of ideas for how to use these little bits of fabric.. Details of the swap are in the Member Swap and Round Robin sub group.

Back to my iron. It is time to press those pairs. Hope to have one top finished and a second perhaps half done. I could always take on a UFO if I get tired of 2.5's.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:15 AM

Blocks have been pressed, trimmed, and on the design wall. Now to check the layout for matchy matchy touchy blocks and then start sewing. Hopefully this top will be glue basted tomorrow. WA HOO!!! Good luck everyone reaching your goals.
Old 12-30-2022, 03:50 AM

Time for true confession, already. I wasn't feeling well when I was piecing the blocks and boy did it show. Some finished any where from just right to almost 3/8" off. LOL. So trimmed to a uniform size and lesson learned...when sick stay away from the sewing machine!
Old 12-30-2022, 03:51 AM

Can't this person "Albert Skife" be blocked from membership??

I have several projects started, but honestly think I will work more on organization this weekend. Have made a promise to myself not to order anything in January, February, and maybe March and to see how much of my stash I can use instead. Plus I plan on selling off some of my "what did I buy that for"? fabric in the near future so will get as much of that ready as possible. If I can get that under control I'll be much better off....hopefuly.