Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Old 12-30-2022, 02:59 PM

So much progress and Quilty fun and organization going on!

Got my new units sewn, blocks deconstructed and new units sewn in and blocks back together. Tomorrow I hope to get the sashing rows completed
Old 12-30-2022, 04:09 PM

Thanks for hosting another VQW. I have a 3 day weekend from work, so I'm planning to be in my sewing room. I also plan to finish my EPP stars. I just have to finish putting the last row together and then add the borders. I have 2 projects to finish machine piecing and then turn them into tops. I'll just be happy for some progress in my sewing room this long weekend. I'll post pictures as I go ........
Old 12-30-2022, 05:16 PM

You’re all welcome! Hosting is keeping me motivated 🙂.

Julienm1–hope you’re feeling better. I’ve learned the hard way not to touch my projects when I don’t feel well!

WMUTeach—I was working all day yesterday too!

Snooze2978–glad you got your mojo back and have joined us

donac—hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it takes a while to recover.

sync—what EPP stars are you working on? I generally do hexies and Dresdens.

Well I have the final two quilts sandwiched and ready to go tomorrow. I sorted through a couple cabinets today so room is a little messy! Will get back to organizing after the two quilts are done. Tonight I took a break and watched “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood “. Great movie if you haven’t seen it.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:19 PM

I’m in this weekend. My goals to work on BHMQ and finish the red/white/black top I have been working off and on for a while. It was suppose to be a queen size. Now she wants a king size. I’m not sure I have enough fabric to do the larger size. I plan to quilt the 1st week in January. And quilt 2 baby quilts for a friend. In between I will be watching football with hubby. Watching the Buccaneers, chiefs, raiders, and the other teams that fit into my schedule. Chat later.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:24 PM

Hi Heather, here's a picture of some of the EPP stars. They are a 6 pointed star, 60 degree diamond
Attached Thumbnails 7e0a6635-dea0-4ed6-a611-eedf465a9cb8.jpeg   388e8271-3807-4417-835d-9a6bad315110.jpeg  
Old 12-31-2022, 12:05 AM

Backing done for quilt and quilt sandwhich done. Mark it tomorrow AM after DH gets up and I've had my first cup of coffee!!! Grabbed the bag that says FABRIC FOR SKATEBOARDS and found 10 finished blocks. Guess that will be my next project. Love love that block. (Note time stamp for this post. Insomnia raging again. )
Old 12-31-2022, 04:22 AM

Sync, your stars are absolute perfection. Lovely!

Wozzers we are busy folk. So many projects and so much drive to get things finished. I so often fall into the trap of believing that I am the only one who has all of these projects started and that it is a flaw in my character. I looks like I am among friends . It seems that for this VQW we as a cohort of quilters are showing great determination to make progress toward finishing. Some are organizing and cleaning out what can be given to others, others completing quilts with a binding or using orphan blocks purposefully. It is truly impressive how much we have already accomplished.. This is the true beauty of these weekend "retreats". Thank you, Heather for giving use a designated time to dig in and stitch.

I finished all the blocks for my 2.5 scrappy quilt and decided I needed one more row. Done. Then I got distracted with a charity project making burp cloths for a women's shelter. Back to my quilt top on January 1. Today is going to be used to get ready to party and play board games with friends for New Year's Eve. Keep on stitching my quilty friends.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:44 AM

I'm on a charity quilting tear. About to finish my 3rd in a week . Tops were done earlier and I just decided to get them all finished before the next Project Linus meeting. Going to get my good karma going for the new year!

Also finished the last 3 of 30 snail trail blocks. Send help, sympathetic noises and vodka. This pattern kicked my...... All the blocks are different sizes. None are square. I have to go thru and see how badly off some of them are and decide whether to remake or what. This one is supposed to be for our bed so it's been a lot frustrating.

Last thing I want to do is go through my quilting journal to total finishes for 2022. (Maybe even make a thread? Would love to see other's numbers)
Old 12-31-2022, 08:21 AM

I only managed about an hour in the sewing room yesterday, but that was okay as I got to spend some time alone with my Sis, she drove us to a Mall where we wandered and visited and bought a few things. Today is a new day, and I will start stitching soon.
I enjoy hearing and seeing what everyone is up to, enjoy your day!
Old 12-31-2022, 01:54 PM

I’ve been fixing pants that have become a bit too snug on me… after watching several YouTube tutorials I found something that works for me. I know, not fun or exciting… especially the seam ripping. I suppose my New Year’s resolution would be to eat less so pants fit. lol