Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022

Old 11-11-2022, 06:50 AM

Heather, hope you feel better soon. Tearing paper out of blocks sounds like the perfect job when you aren't feeling well.

Hope to put a few more stitches in my blue/green quilt. I should start on the second half of my grey /black quilt. I also should do a baby quilt for my latest grand nephew born this week. I have the main fabric just need the 2 matching fabrics and a backing. That is a 1 day job
Old 11-11-2022, 09:06 AM

I’m trying the teaching art q again and need a sample.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:09 AM

I think I might just have enough energy to join in. No, not Covid, 'just' a nasty sinus infection. Between my head feeling like it is the size of Mt. Everest, and a cough that can double me over, I have not done much in the sewing room this week. But the link for bag patterns, that Gemm posted yesterday, got me thinking about the piles (and piles and piles) of scraps that need to be addressed. I am intrigued by the crazy quilt bag and just might try one. We shall see how it goes. Wish me luck!
Old 11-11-2022, 09:13 AM

I've been planning on taking a weekend holiday from working on the house and just play in my sewing room, so this works right into my plans! Tiling the bathroom shower and floor is next on the list for the house, and I'm just not in the mind set for it this weekend.

I have been playing with 2.5" squares from the christmas candy swap I particpated in, and have several throw size quilts in the works. Need to have them all done by mid December. Will share pictures later, I'm got another 15mn and then I'll be off my day job for the weekend.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:20 AM

I will be working on my quilt design for the Mountain Quiltfest in June, and between times hand quilting my flower garden, which I will still need finishing long after I am gone. Just joking an hour a day and I about a third through
Old 11-11-2022, 11:24 AM

Thanks Heather for hosting the VQW. Hope you have a fast recovery!. It's suppose to sort of nasty this weekend so it's a great time to work on quilts. I working on a throw quilt for DS#1 and DDIL's birthdays in December. They were born a week apart. It's called Beneath the Stars. Hoping to get it done and on the longarm. Will have pictures later.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:36 AM

We need a quilt for Our bed. Current one is worn out. Started but having a bad case of "I wanna do something else!" - Send willpower!
Old 11-11-2022, 04:32 PM

Thank you Heather for hosting. I hope you feel better soon. Fatigue seems to be a major symptom with this strain of the covid. Paper piecing paper that needs to be removed is a project that seems tedious, but is necessary, and perfect for when you are not feeling up to snuff.
I am signed up for a craft fair next weekend, so will be working on jelly roll table runners. I'm nearing the end of my goal of 20 to have made up to sell, I need to make four more, then I'm ready for the show, hopefully by weekend's end that will be accomplished. Can't wait to see what everyone will be working on this weekend, happy sewing everyone.
Old 11-11-2022, 04:40 PM

Sorry you are not feeling well Heather. Here is what I have been working on. The blocks are sewn in rows. Tomorrow is quilt guild. I hope to get these rows together and borders on after that. Then I have made some placemats with fat quarters I found in a drawer. They did not turn out as hoped. Maybe I can get those backed and bound this weekend too
Attached Thumbnails d0ecab77-86c7-4bb9-ad14-d68341dd75f3.jpeg  
Old 11-11-2022, 04:59 PM

cam's gram, the panel your using is lovely and the addition of the stars and coordinating fabric makes a very calming quilt. Hope your December family enjoy and snuggle under the stars.

cjsews, love the blue and yellow stars quilt. Those two colors just play so nicely together whether bold and bright or soft and soothing.

I am making progress on my binding. Only one side to go on Quilt #1. One episode of something on Netflix should do the trick. Should have a photo tomorrow. We are supposed to have rain and maybe snow so an outdoors photo may be tricky.