Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 08-03-2014, 06:21 PM

Oh DARN! I missed this virtual weekend

But I was busy quilting a double wedding ring.

When's the next virtual sewing/quilting weekend?

Nan
Old 08-03-2014, 06:47 PM

Just finished reviewing the posts, enjoyed all the pictures and progress. Thank you all for your inspiration .........calla
Old 08-03-2014, 06:47 PM

Thimblebug, it might be one little ol' block. But it is gorgeous. Flawless. It's been hot and humid here also. Staying in is much more pleasurable then going out in the heat. In fact, I was scheduled to continue a shop hop this weekend but, opted to continue it next weekend. Preferring to stay home.
Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Hard to comment on everyone's work, it's all so beautiful
On the tree skirt question... love the coloured diamonds you used BTW... I put velcro dots on the one I made, but it's closest to the wall anyway and it wouldn't matter unless you have it placed in the center of a room.
Sunny, your dragonflies & pinwheels turned out so cheery!
KrisB, wow....nice save on those corner, that really brings the colour right out to the edge.
I've been piddling away today making just one 6" Sylvia Bridal sampler block...it's hot & humid here so not really loving the challenge. I'll post a pic. of the poor little thing anyway, just to show that indeed I have been stitching.[ATTACH=CONFIG]486173[/ATTACH]
Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 PM

Nice job Jeanie, I really like the fabrics your working with. Looks like teen or tween girl? You've deserved a well earned rest. Can't wait to see this one finished. I think I'm going to have to look up that pattern.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:54 PM

I do believe this quilt will be finished very soon. Nice job.
Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
No problem, Gail. I'm kinda like you. I still have a flip-phone and don't have a clue about sending pictures using the phone. I don't have a 'smart' phone. I'm probably not that smart. But, I did buy a new digital camera last summer and I love it. I can snap a picture, load it onto the computer, decrease its size and post it pretty quickly. You should try these new cameras. They are great.

Okay, I've got it pinned all together and it's ready to start quilting. I need to make my pre-FMQ sampler because I want to use black in my bobbin and another color on the top. I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I have to play with it for awhile. And, I probably will have to do some serious thinking about how I want to quilt this. I'm thinking echo quilting around the guitar but I need to do something different in the strips and border. I'm using a new batting on this one, too. So, it's not going to get done today. But I've made a lot of progress.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:00 PM

I would love to meet her. She was in the local area and I didn't find out about it till she was on her way home. I will be looking for her to return in the future. I love her patterns.
Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Wow, lots of people have been busy this weekend. I've enjoyed looking at all the pictures and seeing what people are working on. I had to check out fatcatpatterns and have now found additional things I want to do! I finished the one quilt yesterday and then sandwiched the queen sized one. Today was the Machine Applique class with Pat Sloan. All I can say is if you ever get a chance to take a class with her, do it. Fabulous instructor. My battery needs charging in my digital camera so will have to wait to take pictures of the quilts tomorrow. I'll have to decide tomorrow whether to work on the quilt or the applique. Probably the quilt so I can get it off my table!

Thanks for starting this Krista!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:05 PM

I think I'll try to continue for a bit tomorrow as well. I need to be home to sign for a package. So, may as well make the most of it and continue on with what I'm doing. I am going to cut the fabric tomorrow for my last set of Halloween blocks. Have a good night ladies. Thanks for sharing the weekend. I got a lot more done then I probably would have on my own.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:21 PM

Thanks for hosting this thread, Krista. I got so much done, and when my schedule opened up, I was so excited to be able to take part!

I loved seeing everyone's work and will look forward to seeing the finished products as time goes on!

Have a great week!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:21 PM

I loved seeing everyone's projects! You all work at a faster pace than me. My pieces are starched and pressed. I put an old flannel sheet up so now I have a design wall. Wow, it was so much easier than having to crawl around on the floor. The main pattern blocks are up on the wall now. It's a scrappy batik stained glass. I'll see how I like the arrangement tomorrow before I add more pieces.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:27 PM

I finished 2 of my doll quilts, the 3rd one will have to wait until tomorrow. This thread did encourage me to get busy instead of just goofing off.