Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 08-03-2014, 12:36 PM

Cool

Kristakz, I just saw your picture.... WOW!! awesome. That is going to be too nice.... you won't want to put packages under the tree and hide your quilt.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:43 PM

Krista, your tree skirt is stunning. I agree, I wouldn't want to cover it up with packages.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Pinning the quilt sandwich is going slowly. Company popped in for awhile and then I had to make lunch for the DH. So, I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing. Then, I'll get back at it.

GailG, I bet you're done with those preemie shirts now. I'd love to see a picture of them.

Okay, I need to get back to pinning. I'll check in again later. This day is slipping by fast.
Not quite. The neck and shoulders need a rest after each shirt, but I've got just one left. It will get done before nightfall. Unfortunately I'm picture-challenged. If and when one of the kids comes to visit, I will have them take a picture and email it to me. Then I can email it to a friend on the QB and she will post it. Sorry I'm such a duck. Oh, and I still have the old flip-type cell phone.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:48 PM

I have the top made for my son in laws quilt, now I need to get the backing done and a light batting. No long weekend here but hubby is out of town working so I have lots of free time
Old 08-03-2014, 01:54 PM

Nice job Krisb. You had your own make it work moment.

Krista, love how you solved your fabric issues as well. Your tree skirt is beautiful.

Gail, nice going on those preemie shirts.

I'm doing very well. Headaches is just a touch now. I finished the machine quiting on my mini topper. And have it marked to hand quilt now. Will start that shortly. Have my binding sewed on, just have to hand sew that down as well. Will see how far I get tonight. Then tomorrow, I will get my swap blocks cut out. I am picking out the pattern tonight. And ironing the fabric. Then in the afternoon and going to help a friend move some of her stuff over to her new house. Going to be very busy indeed. lol
Old 08-03-2014, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
Unfortunately I'm picture-challenged. If and when one of the kids comes to visit, I will have them take a picture and email it to me. Then I can email it to a friend on the QB and she will post it. Sorry I'm such a duck. Oh, and I still have the old flip-type cell phone.
No problem, Gail. I'm kinda like you. I still have a flip-phone and don't have a clue about sending pictures using the phone. I don't have a 'smart' phone. I'm probably not that smart. But, I did buy a new digital camera last summer and I love it. I can snap a picture, load it onto the computer, decrease its size and post it pretty quickly. You should try these new cameras. They are great.

Okay, I've got it pinned all together and it's ready to start quilting. I need to make my pre-FMQ sampler because I want to use black in my bobbin and another color on the top. I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I have to play with it for awhile. And, I probably will have to do some serious thinking about how I want to quilt this. I'm thinking echo quilting around the guitar but I need to do something different in the strips and border. I'm using a new batting on this one, too. So, it's not going to get done today. But I've made a lot of progress.
Attached Thumbnails 00strings008.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 02:22 PM

Hard to comment on everyone's work, it's all so beautiful
On the tree skirt question... love the coloured diamonds you used BTW... I put velcro dots on the one I made, but it's closest to the wall anyway and it wouldn't matter unless you have it placed in the center of a room.
Sunny, your dragonflies & pinwheels turned out so cheery!
KrisB, wow....nice save on those corner, that really brings the colour right out to the edge.
I've been piddling away today making just one 6" Sylvia Bridal sampler block...it's hot & humid here so not really loving the challenge. I'll post a pic. of the poor little thing anyway, just to show that indeed I have been stitching.[ATTACH=CONFIG]486173[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 29th-week001-1_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 02:26 PM

Thank you everyone for your encouragement this weekend. I accomplished almost all the goals I set out for myself, and am pooped! On my list was to cut out the pieces for another 'City Block" quilt for charity, and I got almost half of the blocks finished! So much fun to see everyone's great work and progress over the weekend. Hope your next week is great as well!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486174[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1110276.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 02:26 PM

Having trouble getting my photos from phone to computer today...
but I have the 4 sections of my wallhanging done and ready to sew together. Next step is making 64 prairie points for the first border.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:31 PM

Wow, lots of people have been busy this weekend. I've enjoyed looking at all the pictures and seeing what people are working on. I had to check out fatcatpatterns and have now found additional things I want to do! I finished the one quilt yesterday and then sandwiched the queen sized one. Today was the Machine Applique class with Pat Sloan. All I can say is if you ever get a chance to take a class with her, do it. Fabulous instructor. My battery needs charging in my digital camera so will have to wait to take pictures of the quilts tomorrow. I'll have to decide tomorrow whether to work on the quilt or the applique. Probably the quilt so I can get it off my table!

Thanks for starting this Krista!