Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 08-02-2014, 06:40 AM

Love both the front and back of your beautiful blue quilt! I am starting on the latest penguin block from fatcatpatterns, just tracing & cutting the shapes before I meet up with my walking group at 10. Plan to do the satin stitching this afternoon and will look forward to seeing what everyone has accomplished during the day. We are having a block of 30*C weather.... really too hot to enjoy a walk, but it's nice to see the ladies each week.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:44 AM

My 9:00 this morning just cancelled!! WOO! That means I'll definitely have time to put the binding on my MIL's quilt, and possibly do a label, which would be great since I'm planning on hiding an ugly spot on the back with it. Off I go!!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:57 AM

15 pink & purple pinwheels - DONE! They will be combined with the butterfly fabric for a little girl who like butterflies. Next up, put the binding on one of the charity quilts. Then back to the butterflies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]485989[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pinkpurplepinwheels.jpg  
Old 08-02-2014, 07:01 AM

Those pinwheels are lovely sunnie! Such vibrant colours! And the butterfly fabric is awesome!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:07 AM

Well, I have a load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer. Salesman at the door rejected! And Woot! Woot! my Mummy blocks are all finished for the Halloween Block Swap. All 9 of them. A set of 6 and 3 extra for others. Now, sitting down for a quick brunch. And egg sandwich and then back I go to the sewing room. I think I will pick up a couple of postcards and finish those off next. (As they are sitting right next to my sewing machine all fused and ready to go. Check in again soon.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
15 pink & purple pinwheels - DONE! They will be combined with the butterfly fabric for a little girl who like butterflies. Next up, put the binding on one of the charity quilts. Then back to the butterflies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]485989[/ATTACH]
Nice job Sunnie. Love those pinwheels. But the Butterfly fabric they are sitting on is really great. They will look nice together. I wish I had some quilts ready to bind. I really like to sit and hand bind my quilts.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:34 AM

I love the pink & purple, Sunnie. And the butterflies are adorable.
Judith, your mummy blocks are interesting. Is that from a pattern somewhere?

I finished 1/2 the last border on my custom quilt. Now out to run some errands and back to finish it up this afternoon.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:35 AM

Oh, what cute projects you all are working on. T

Sunny, the little girl getting the butterfly quilt will be in 7th heaven. That fabric is adorable.... my ggd would love it. And the points on your pinwheels are spot on.... good job.

Judith, I love the little ghost.... or zombie, or whatever he is.... totally cute. I keep saying I want to do a halloween quilt but haven't done one yet. We never get trick-or-treaters so maybe it's just going to be for me.

Okay, I have one last border side to do on my quilt. Then, I need to go get some batting. I don't keep any up here at the cabin.... not that much room here.... I'll snap a picture of the top before I go so you all can give me suggestions on a quilting pattern for it.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:46 AM

Great projects everyone! I just finished with the weed pulling - why is it that weeds grow faster than flowers?
So I am going to have a bit of lunch before starting my sewing. See ya later!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:34 AM

No, I made it up. Just used a 6 1/2" snowball block and stips of fabric overlaid. I overlaid the strips first, then did the snowball corners. You probably could really go to town with the strips if you wanted to. It will be cute in my Halloween quilt.
Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I love the pink & purple, Sunnie. And the butterflies are adorable.
Judith, your mummy blocks are interesting. Is that from a pattern somewhere?

I finished 1/2 the last border on my custom quilt. Now out to run some errands and back to finish it up this afternoon.