Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition >

Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition

Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition

Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 PM

Fell asleep for a while this afternoon sitting up!! But did get more hand quilting done after my little nap...Tomorrow I will be taking the quilting with me to my son's house for a family get together.. Might get working on my swap items in the morning before we go..or I may just sleep in!!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:37 PM

I had a wonderful weekend with my virtual friends. I finished my dgd college quilt, and finished a top for a new charity that I am in process of exploring. I put together 2 quilt kits for my dd's - my next project. And I watched a portion of a Craftsy class on fmq. Will post pics tomorrow, as the camera battery is dead.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
7X, I love that. Very pretty. And, aren't you glad you replaced those blocks that were off?
Yes I sure am, it made a huge difference. I had accidentally cut some of the blocks small (the bird blocks are preprinted). I tried to compensate by using a larger sashing on those blocks, but Sue said it stuck out like a sore thumb, so I took it apart. Thankfully I had bought two panels, so I was able to replace the ones I cut wrong. I absolutely love it!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x View Post
Yes I sure am, it made a huge difference. I had accidentally cut some of the blocks small (the bird blocks are preprinted). I tried to compensate by using a larger sashing on those blocks, but Sue said it stuck out like a sore thumb, so I took it apart. Thankfully I had bought two panels, so I was able to replace the ones I cut wrong. I absolutely love it!
It is very beautiful and makes me think of my grandma. She loved birds and I would love to make her a quilt like that if she were still around. Its like looking through a window.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:58 AM

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all going to be here today too. No family plans, so I will just sew and sew and sew. I have a quilt I made for someone as a favor, out of her dad's shirts, so I am going to hang that on the long arm and see if I can do a loose meander on it. The quilt is HSTs and is going to be a bear to quilt because of the various fabric weights in it, so I will just meander around the joining seams and see how it goes. I found some 60" wide shirting in my stash to use for the backing. I also have 2 quilts that I made for my brother and SIL, that need to be bound, so I will do those today. Then maybe I can get started on some tops to send to Oklahoma. I will just fight the urge to go outside and work in the perennial gardens.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 AM

I am here! Just finished sending my resume to a new company, so its off to get breakfast and then hide in my sewing room for several hours. Hope everyone is having a great time!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 AM

Good morning (or should I say afternoon) Been hand quilting some this morning. Going to Son's house for a while today, and packed up what I need to continue quilting while there..I can't go out in the heat due to COPD, and while they all swim, I can stitch away! When I get home, I am hoping I can get working on my pincushion and needle case swap items..wanted to do those this morning, but just didn't get moving! Hope everyone has a productive or restful day!!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
I have a baby quilt already glued and reading to tie, then, bind. Really want to get this done since I now have two other baby quilts to be done.
Hmmm! I usually tie after I've done the binding. Is that "wrong"?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:31 AM

I finished quilting the HST quilt, now just have to bind it. I made the mistake of taking the dog outside to play for a bit, now I don't want to be inside. It is breezy but very nice out, after all the rainy days we had this week, I need nice.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM

Been working on this today.. but I think I need a break so I'm headed outside for an hour.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415734[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013-05-27-11.44.58sm.jpg