Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition >

Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition

Virtual Retreat - Extreme Home Sewing Edition

Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 AM

7X, I love that. Very pretty. And, aren't you glad you replaced those blocks that were off?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:22 AM

Well, I made the mistake of laying down to rest my back, and fell asleep for an hour. Now I feel like I have a cob web brain. Gotta get back to my block assembly.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Yeh. Me Too.
Tomorrow AM will work with customer to LAQ on my machine.
PM Finish an Inktense daylily; needs more color and quilting in background. Then binding.
Sunday is church, day of rest and Bible study
Monday it's finish Fresno Flats piecing and quilting. Binding when I need hand work.
Then I can start a NEW project: my mind is already there.
Almost finished the LAQ at 3:00pm, exhausted, layed down to rest. Went to friends and photographed the vegetation. Today is Sunday-just checking in. So tomorrow its the daylily.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:06 PM

I am working on a zippered pouch for my friend's Kindle. FMQ each side yesterday, then had to rip out the stitches on the front piece. Just cut out pieces of fabric for a second zippered pouch and am back to FMQ the front piece. Everyone's posted photos look so cool. Gotta get back to sewing but a nap is beginning to sound good. Been up since 4:30am.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:17 PM

Forgot that friend and I sorted about 140 strips dark to light and made bundles for her upcoming quilt. Took roughly 2 hours.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:19 PM

sewing machine is not cooperating. I've broken 3 needles, changed the thread 2x, and finally decided it was the bobbin wind that is causing the problem. It sews fine for a short distance, then seizes. Next is finding more thread and rewinding bobbins.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post
sewing machine is not cooperating. I've broken 3 needles, changed the thread 2x, and finally decided it was the bobbin wind that is causing the problem. It sews fine for a short distance, then seizes. Next is finding more thread and rewinding bobbins.
I've had those days where my machine won't cooperate; it is endlessly frustrating. I usually give up for a few hours and take a break, congrats on your sticking with it. I hope you can fix it.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:13 PM

Got one shirt put together except for the hand stitching and buttons! Got another cut out, so I hope to put that together tonight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415613[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013-05-26-16.11.51sm.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
I'm going to get a sign like that. For some reason, because I quilt and do minor garmenting for my husband and I, everyone gives me their alterations.
Ain't that the truth? I used to do alterations too and lots of professional sewing but when I quit, I meant it. My hubby is still looking for a seamstress since 15 years ago hahahahahah..

I had a neighbor who would run over at the spur of the moment and need it right now. When I sold all my industrial machines but hid my other ones and then would say, I have no machines now and I don't sew anymore and after a while of saying no, it worked. I don't beat around the bush. I just come right out and say no. lol
Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post
You didn't say what type of machine, if it's not computerized, take out the bobbin and thne unclip the area where the race hook is, take that out and clean any threads dust etc. replace everything.

Make sure that the small wheel on the big hand wheel is tight. Oil the machine, oil and clean the needle arm, that could be frozen because of dust.