Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Waaaa! *sniff sniff* too late >

Waaaa! *sniff sniff* too late

Waaaa! *sniff sniff* too late

Old 09-24-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
Boo Hoo, am I alone in this?? I'm always, well nearly always, too late for those fabulous sales on here. Such great offers, and Rats! someone just got it!

Gritting teeth, going back for another trolling of the sales, click click click.
LOL oh no :) Well it isn't on this site but Missouri Quilting Co deal of the day is a free charm pack :) Can't beat that sale.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:57 PM

I miss most of them too. I work days (except this week) by the time I get home and do everything I need to do for the day I can sometimes get on for 1 hour before bedtime but with everyone posting during the day I miss alot. Dial-up doesn't help either. Pictures load so slow.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
Boo Hoo, am I alone in this?? I'm always, well nearly always, too late for those fabulous sales on here. Such great offers, and Rats! someone just got it!

Gritting teeth, going back for another trolling of the sales, click click click.
LOL oh no :) Well it isn't on this site but Missouri Quilting Co deal of the day is a free charm pack :) Can't beat that sale.
I keep trying to go there, but for some reason that site doesnt like my computer :( Maybe next time...
Old 09-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

I made it first once this summer, and was so pleased to be able to get something I had always wanted. Sadly the two items never arrived, and I have just had my claim upheld on Pay Pal.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:36 PM

They really do move fast on this board. I posted some scraps for sale late night and had about four replies in less than 20 minutes.
I am always too late because I work and it seems like a lot of sales are already done by the time I get off work. I like seeing good prices on patterns. One way is to post a request, often you will get a reply. I have requested patterns a few times and folks come through and I do see folks post fabric requests and several folks reply.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:15 PM

There are always two sides to everything. I am on the other boat. I always see the adds on time and on occasion have been the first one to request a freebie. Not often, but real good ones I must admit. My problem is that I see a post within minutes, sometimes seconds, with great fabrics, cutting systems, kits, etc and I don't have the money to get it, because I have no job, which is the reason I am here so much to begin with. See the cycle? If you have a job you are too late, if you are unemployed you are too broke. I am sure there is a happy medium, like retirement, but I need a job for that first.

Maria, stop whining.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier

I can't get it to load right now. Must be high demand.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:18 PM

I have been lucky a few times however I almost hate looking because there are so many fabrics "To die for" and I have a very strict budget to adhere to. I was able to trade two yards of fabric for a book earlier this week. That was fun.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:26 PM

I see we are all in good company then, You know, misery and all that!
:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:
Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 PM

I'm always late & a dollar short too! LOL That is ok though because my time is coming! Good luck next time!