Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Fabric

If we want it back we have to voice it.... one of the reasons I think they got rid of it was because it move fast enough.... they don't rotate it fast.... same fabric for years..... and they really don't know how to run a fabric dept.....

I wish our Wal-Mart would bring fabric back. I made a lot of quilt tops for our church ladies to tie for missions. I can't afford to do that with $9 a yard fabric. And I hear fabric prices are going up again.

Have you looked at Connecting Threads lately. They now have solids in darks, brights and muted colors! Also beautiful batiks at less than $6 a yard! I haven't ordered much from them lately as they mostly had country prints or 30's prints, but just sent off a good sized order last weekend. Haven't received it yet. But when I did order before, their fabric was very nice.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our Midland Walmart is going to be remodeling come spring and their saying they are not going to have the fabric dept. afterwards.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our Midland Walmart is going to be remodeling come spring and their saying they are not going to have the fabric dept. afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Ours down here do.
    But this year, the one colsest to my house took out McD's and put in Subway.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanib123
    I've never seen a Walmart WITH a McDonalds, LOL!!

Blog Entries
    I signed it when it first came out, several years ago. Didn't do any good.
    I don't think they are interested in what we want.
    They are concerned with what they can get us to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    This concerns all of us on this topic. Did you all sign the petition?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baglady1546
    Hi all,
    I heard recently that they were only putting the fabric
    in the"from the ground up stores", so I took this to mean
    only the new stores they were building now. Not bringing back
    the fabric to stores they had taken it out off.
    2 years ago when I lived in West Point UT, they built a brand new super WM right up the road, and it did not have a place for any fabrics at that time. All us quilters were aghast. And now the older stores getting remodling are bare of fabric too.
    Where I live now, one super WM has precuts, limited supply, and the other super WM has no fabric of any kind.
    Not even needles or batting.

That would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltntime
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda_GA
    I just read on another quilting forum that Wahl-Mart has announced it will be bringing back fabric to their stores. Has anyone here heard this? Oh, also that if they are remodeling the store they will not take the fabric away.

I so hope this is true, as we have very little choice in our small town.
    I certainly hope so too. I was in our Wal-Mart store yesterday, and they had bolts upon bolts of fabric in bins in and around the fabric dept. :thumb up:
    this was probably the fabric from all of our remodeled stores!lol

Ours is in the process of being remodeled right now, and the fabric section is very much smaller. I guess they didn't get the memo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh1964
    Yes, it probably is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That would be nice. God bless.

I live in betweenn two Walmarts in two different towns. One kept the fabric dept and the other one when they remodeled it took it away. Just this week they had 6 rows of bolts of fabric that had put out for people to buy. I quickly scarfed up 10 bolts (they were only selling it by the bolts and not actually cutting). All prints and all cotton, but figured eventually I'd find some solid to go with it. I'm still learning.....but couldn't pass up the bargain either. I have Walmart and Hobby Lobby and HL is very expensive.

If you haven't already, please sign this petition to Wal-Mart asking that the stores return full-service fabric departments:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...gn.cgi?savefab

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Wal-Mart -- Save the Full-Service Fabric Department!"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/savefab/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider signing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by angieh1964
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltntime
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda_GA
    I just read on another quilting forum that Wahl-Mart has announced it will be bringing back fabric to their stores. Has anyone here heard this? Oh, also that if they are remodeling the store they will not take the fabric away.

I so hope this is true, as we have very little choice in our small town.
    I certainly hope so too. I was in our Wal-Mart store yesterday, and they had bolts upon bolts of fabric in bins in and around the fabric dept. :thumb up:
    You're probably right. Never thought about that. LOL

If everyone on this board would sign this petition, there would be a lot of signatures as there are a lot of us here, I signed it.

Quote Originally Posted by llong0233
    Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Wal-Mart -- Save the Full-Service Fabric Department!"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/savefab/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider signing yourself.
    I went to this site, it is very clear and precise and I was happy to sign it. I hope that it does some good. Our walmart fabric dept is much smaller then it was. They still do cut fabric,and have tables set up for other bolts of fleece etc. It's quite a busy dept too. They had some packaged fabric but that did not go over well, and does not look like they are replenishing that, but, they seem to be bringing in bolts, and have sold out of their $5.00 bin fabric

I live in Roll,Ariz and have to drive 50 miles to a Wal Mart that has fabric and their talking abouting taking it out I sure hope not

Wal-Mart in Piscataway, NJ eliminated it's fabric section. I went over to browse the other day after being away for about a month and...gone! I met a lady in the aisle and we were both stunned. We still have fabric in Lawrenceville/Princeton...so far.

Blog Entries
    One WalMart near my area sells David's Textile fabrics. I go once a month and buy 3 - 5 yards of all the new DT that comes in. It's the best fabric Walmart sells for quilting. I send emails to WalMart all the time expressing how much I like David's Textile fabrics and quality fabric should be sold at the stores if they want to keep an upscale image (they think they can get)

Yes, it is true, at least here in Marysville, KS. They had almost stripped the department, only a little fabric left. Then a few weeks later they were rearranging again, so I asked and they said that due to the complaints and feedback they had received, they were bringing back the fabric, patterns, thread, zippers, trims, etc. back to the store. I'm not sure if this is all the stores nation wide or not. Our store is one of the small super stores. It's good to have it available again.

This has been many years ago, but remmeber K-Mart also use to carry fabric, patterns, and sewing notions. It was explained to me that the stores really don't make any money on the fabric/sewing department. But they they actually wind up lossing money. Which is hard to belive. When Walmart first openned up they carried really nice fabric. Also with the price of fabric gettig ready to go up in price yet again. I would look for some of our smaller quilt shops to fold. This is not to say that I want this to happen.

Ok I need help, was placing my binding on small wall/lap quilt, and messed up binding forgot how to do corners and ruined it. I have no more of that fabric my idea is to toss it, but do you have any ideas. I have to tell you I made this in colors I really hate (Greens), and a dark burgendy but more greens. The border is in a dark burgendy. but I need to finish it. If for no other reason than to say I did finish it. Ideas please.......

My DH and I recently moved to Northern California. I was really happy to see upon our visit to the Super Walmart that they still had a fabric section. However, so far my interaction with the department's employees has been less than pleasant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast