Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wallmart Fabric List >

Wallmart Fabric List

Wallmart Fabric List

Old 10-03-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Nope - just suggesting what I'd like included.

I don't have a computer with me for about five months of the year.

Library access is limited to 1/2 hour at a time in Dade City.

Unless someone steps forward to do it, all the suggestions in the world aren't going to help.
:lol:
Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Banned

I don't know how to create a list that can be referred to and added to and subtracted from. I know how to operate a sewing machine but the computer is mostly email and look up stuff.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 AM

Candace wrote, "We don't need a second topic, another 31 pages long about the same information."
Holice answered:

Originally Posted by Holice
I realize there is another list. It was not my intention to start another but ask if a better way could be developed to accummulate the information without searching through 30+ pages.
Does it matter that there's already a similar topic posted? Is there a reason why there can be only one post per topic? If so, it seems that it won't take long to run out of topics.

Holice, I'm glad you posted this! You've given me an idea. Tomorrow I'll contact Wal-Mart headquarters to ask if a list of the company's stores that sell fabric is available. I'll contact you if I scrounge up anything helpful.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby's Girl
Candace wrote, "We don't need a second topic, another 31 pages long about the same information."
Holice answered:

I realize there is another list. It was not my intention to start another but ask if a better way could be developed to accummulate the information without searching through 30+ pages.
Does it matter that there's already a similar topic posted? Is there a reason why there can be only one post per topic? If so, it seems that it won't take long to run out of topics.

Holice, I'm glad you posted this! You've given me an idea. Tomorrow I'll contact Wal-Mart headquarters to ask if a list of the company's stores that sell fabric is available. I'll contact you if I scrounge up anything helpful.
After posting this, I decided, "Why put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today?" So I called Bentonville and spoke to a Wal-Mart customer service representative. She said there's not a list of stores that still sell fabric, and any store that does sell it, won't be selling fabric for much longer. I told her that thousands of quilters are disappointed that fabric departments have been eliminated. She said, "Yes, I know. I'm one of them."
Old 10-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

I don't know how to create a list that can be referred to and added to and subtracted from. I know how to operate a sewing machine but the computer is mostly email and look up stuff.
I know I can add and subtract info on "my" posts in the classified section.

Maybe Admin would allow that post to be in the classified section?
Old 10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Administrator

i wasn't going to comment because i don't see any harm in somebody making a new list if they want to. anybody willing to do the work is welcome to do so.

on the other hand, i can't really see the purpose in building such a list. we built the other list based on what contributors already knew was going on in their local area.

if i'm traveling, pass a walmart, and decide on a whim to see if they have fabric i just park and go in.

also, since wallyfabs are disappearing all the time, any list we posted will be wrong before the contributor hits "send".
Old 10-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

I think some of us want to know if fabric (or whatever) will be at the destination before we go - especially if we need to travel a long way to get there.

WalMart does have a store locator that has info on locations and phone numbers.

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder.do
Old 10-04-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I think some of us want to know if fabric (or whatever) will be at the destination before we go - especially if we need to travel a long way to get there.

WalMart does have a store locator that has info on locations and phone numbers.

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder.do
bearisgray, you're certainly right, especially for people like me who aren't able to drive themselves. I use the store locator on walmart.com, especially in the Christmas season, to find store phone numbers, so I can call locations to ask if whatever I want to buy is in stock there. Then my husband or my son will go there to buy the item for me.