Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart fabric >

Walmart fabric

Walmart fabric

Old 07-01-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by mudose8
I was told by a non-quilting friend that my local Walmart had some bolts of fabric back on the shelves, so I had to go see for myself. Yup, she was right. They are now just beginning to get the fabric back and are stocking the shelves. The best thing though, is that all the pre-cuts are now on clearance for $2.00. Couldn't resist buying some! A fellow that works there, don't know if he was the manager, said that they listened to all the requests to bring the fabric back, and that they will be posting a message in the store by the fabric regarding all the requests. Some of the fabric is the same as the fabric lines that they had carried before. Pricing is a little higher, some at $4.95. He also told me that our local store had sold the most fabric in the state.Can't understand why they would have gotten rid of it if that was true! So, I hope the rest of you get your fabric back too!
Clerks were unloading boxes of fabric bolts at the WalMart store in Sherman, Texas yesterday and were trying to get them on the shelves. There were some wonderful prints, and many of the fabrics had a wonderful "hand." Can't wait to get out there after they are fully stocked and ready to cut. froggyintexas
Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 AM

Of the three local Walmarts here, only one still had fabric. Just like any where you have to be aware of what you are buying. There is good quality and bad quality every place you shop
Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 AM

Was at my local Walmart yesterday and YES they are bring back fabric...they had all the table assembled that holds the bolts, and confirmed with the store manager and district manager (all in their pretty white shirts) that indeed it is back, and department should be fully stocked by the middle of next week. When you are on a limited income and with the price of gas, having only to drive a mile to my walmart for fabric also, is going to be so nice.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

This started out as an announcement that some WalMart stores are getting fabric on bolts back.

Some people are very happy about it.

This thread was probably NOT started for another debate of the quality of fabrics purchased at WalMart.

There are a gazillion on that topic that are already on this board.

As far as that goes, I've never seen any fabric with "WALMART" printed on the selvage.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
This started out as an announcement that some WalMart stores are getting fabric on bolts back.

This thread was probably NOT started for another debate of the quality of fabrics purchased at WalMart.

As far as that goes, I've never seen any fabric with "WALMART" printed on the selvage.
GOOD ANSWER....
Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 AM

It's back in mine!!! YEAH Limited supply at the moment, but more is coming in each day. My husband found me there "touching" the differnt bolts :) Now I won't have to drive 35-40 minutes every time I need something.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:22 AM

I so agree, I live in a very large town, and had to drive to the other end to a Joann filled with very unpleasant employees, for all my sewing supplies. Now I can go a mile away for buttons, and thread...and a simple pattern....Life is good again for me and my very very simple life.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 AM

I asked management in our local WM and they said Never!! So I have to wait til i can get to Clarksville some 35 miles away to buy fabric. The Clarksvillwe store I visit is WONDERFUL!!! Gorgeous fabric and great prices, so....
Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 AM

You're absolutely right. I just wanted others to know what was happening at out local Walmart, so others might have hopes of seeing fabric return to their stores.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mudose8

You're absolutely right. I just wanted others to know what was happening at out local Walmart, so others might have hopes of seeing fabric return to their stores.
Which is exactly why i went through this topic with a pooper scooper and plastic bags. the smelly deposits are now fertilizing flowers. :lol:

i think it's back to normal now. let's hope it stays that way. :-)