Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart or Joanne's  for fabric >

Walmart or Joanne's for fabric

Walmart or Joanne's for fabric

Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 PM

I live in Southeast Pa, Berks County. I can travel to Lancaster county and find lovely fabric shops with slightly less pricey fabric. I wish you could see these places. Have been busy for the last few months and not gotten to any of them, sure hoping to get there very soon. If you can ever get to the old fashion country stores do it, they are really great.
I guess I am rolling on because all this talk about fabric is getting me anxious!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:21 PM

this is a review for Sauder's in Denver, Pa. they don't have a website, per se. they show the one for Zook's, whatever that is. and you never know what will be there. twice a year they have a super-duper sale by the bolt only. if you live within hours away, don't miss it. they have an entire loading dock crammed with bolts of every kind. battings, wide backings, muslins, great name brands, everything. people come in the rain, even sleep over nearby to get this fabric.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sauders-fabrics-denver

call and put yourself on their mailing list. they will contact you for the sale. the next one will be after christmas, date as yet unknown. this is an honest amish family with bargains not to be believed, but you must buy the bolt. the stuff never runs out, they keep unloading trucks all day long. it's a one or two day sale, i don't remember. i was there one day. i bought 4 bolts.
i would have bought more, but i only bumped into it accidentally and wasn't prepared for the sale at all. after christmas, i'll be prepared.