Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart, in works to make changes >

Walmart, in works to make changes

Walmart, in works to make changes

Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Joeysnana
My local WM still has fabric but it is such poor quality I won't buy it. The only other fabric store nearby is Joann's and their quality also leaves a lot to be desired. I now mainly shop online sales and get much better quality.
I mostly shop online as well. Have not had any problems until my last order. Bought a Hoffman Batik FQ 20 pack. All were cut wonky and one FQ even had stitches where someone had sewn on the fat quarter. I am really shocked. I've spent a lot of money at this online quilt shop and am really surprised by the sloppiness of this order. I feel sorry for the shop owner if she does not know. She/he will lose a lot of business if this continues.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:14 AM

The trouble all started when poor old Sam Walton died.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 AM

Like others on here I found that 1. things I liked were no longer carried by WM 2. the prices have gone up.
I have switched back to the groceries. Oh if we had known way back when. We would have stayed going to the local stores.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 AM

I was in our Walmart last week and bought some fabric. I asked about the fabric department; they decided a month ago with all the people complaining about trying to get rid of the fabric department, they are going to keep it! Let's hope it is true! The store is slated to be redesigned - to me it doesn't need it as it was done several years ago - but they are going to keep the fabric department - we'll see how true it is!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:33 AM

I seldom go to walmart anymore. We still have fabric in ours,but the clerks are always testy, probably because we are fussing at them insted of the people up top. I wrote a letter to headquarters telling them how I feel about this move. The mileage to a quilt store is the same as it is to Walmart. The shop is in a very small town, and the prices are very good.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM

I don't believe they will carry any more notions than my Walmart does now that they have done away with fabrics. They have about 5 packages of needles, few rulers and mats, a few spools of thread and that is it!!! No elastic, no bias tape, no ribbon, no no no....I have been writing to Walmart for over 5 years about the loss of our fabric department and I haven't even gotten a form letter.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 AM

Wal-mart doesn't seem to understand that the fabric/craft section in their stores was usually near the center to back and therefore I, and many others, would stop to look- and buy!!!- other items on our way in to get fabric. "Gee, I have to pay for this fabric, so I might as well get the light bulb and milk I need rather than making two more stops on the way home...." Not to mention how much DH spent while he was waiting for me to look at fabrics!

I think we all need to speak up and let Wal-mart know they are not giving us what we want as consumers and that we'll continue to abandon them until they get the message!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM

So they decide to cut out the very reasons we all shopped Walmart. Really bright people wouldn't you say.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by melslove
Well i was just in walmart yesterday, went by our new prepackaged fabric dept. and found a lady really dishing it out to the sales lady about how walmart does not care anything about its customers because they took away the fabric dept. in our store. The sales lady said that our walmart manager wanted to keep the fabric but there was nothing they he could do.

I think we have a lot of dissatisfied customers out there. I have also heard that our walmart has lost money since they took the fabric dept. away.

Who knows maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee :) We can only hope.
I don't understand what's with Walmart. Ours got rid of all their fabric, now it is all back plus more. I wonder if it truly is the manager's choice; otherwise how do we get it and some others don't?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:22 AM

I just sent an email to wal mart suggesting they return fabric dept. Using the article sent earlier today. I mentioned that THEY recognize that when people go in the store for one thing, they usually end up buying other items. If we all send an email..... they MIGHT get the message. I told them that I no longer shop at wal mart.