Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Want to Purchase embroidery machine

I started with the Janome 350E, loved it so much I moved up to the Janome MB4 and love them BOTH

I have a Brother 8500 sewing/emb. machine which I love and have loved for many years!! It was the top Brother machine when I bought it new, and I now use Pe-Design 7.0 software with it. Size of hoops 4x4, 5x7, and larger one but has to be spaced, so I haven't used that one. I love the 5x7 with the interlocking monograms from Monogram Wizard Plus! Ask yourself what you really want to embroider or monogram and then look at the possibilites for the right machine and software. That's where the cost comes in! Also, find a good, reliable dealer near you and some of his/her happy customers before you buy. Sometimes this makes a big difference!

I have the Janome 10001 and can download patterns off the computor. Love it. And I got mine from the dealer at almost half price as it was a demonstator model. had it three years and no problems.

I found the Brother Baby Lock the easiest to use
    I would not buy a wal Mart emb machine you are getting the lowest in quality of the brand. and no support from a local dealer of that machine.

I was given a Singer Futura SE1000 for Christmas. I love it! It connects to the laptop (or desktop) and allows you to do almost any format and design. It has autopunch, but that takes a little to learn how to make that picture come out as a good embroidery. It came with usb cord, two different sized hoops and all the software. It also is a sewing machine with about 20 stitches and many feet.

I have a Bernina 640 and love it!

I vote for the Janome 350e...it is an embroidery only machine..I have a 300 and I love it...it does up to 5 x7 and I think I will be satisfied with this size...even if you decide to move up to a more expensive machine..this one would be a great starter for you and it is more economical than some of the more expensive combination machines...

Blog Entries
    I have the Babylock Essante and also the Bernina 640. I love the Babylock and it is very easy to use with the computer to download designs (direct without a special program). Not so crazy about the Bernina and it requires a program to be able to transfer designs to the machine. I purchased the Bernina to take the place of the Bablock but I will keep the Babylock instead.

I have the Janome 200E, the hoop is 5.5 X 5.5 inches and there is a smaller hoop. I looked at the 350E, but for what I wanted, the 200 was all I needed.

Given the problems I had with the first machine,(it was replaced with a new one) and the lack of customer service I won't ever buy from Janome again.

Quote Originally Posted by joyplace
    Hello from Georgia.

I have been quilting for about two years. Recently became really interested in a embrodery machine....... Anyone own one of these machines or have had experience with . Any suggestions will be appreciated
    Thanks.

If you would like a used one, try looking on craigslist for ga. Someone in athens has a quantum futura for sale for $450. I have never bought anything like that online and don't know if this is in your buget. It looks like it was posted today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2