Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Warm & Natural,first time using it >

Warm & Natural,first time using it

Warm & Natural,first time using it

Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM

Only batting I will use is Warm & Natural Cotton. Have never had a problem, wash & dry my quilts by machine all the time and many many times. Some are only lightly quilted by hand, and not real close. Once you use it, you'll never use anything else.

Besides it keeps me warm at night, and not too heavy for our warm southern nights.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

I think you too will fall in love with this batting :D:D:D
It is just about all I ever use also.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:49 AM

I use warm and natural all the time. It washes AND dries in the dryer very nicely. I buy it by the roll, much cheaper, comes to about $5-6 per yard versus $9-10 in the shop. www.thewarmcompany.com
Old 04-01-2010, 02:56 AM

I use Warm and natural cotton all the time And have had no problems with it in the dryer.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
I use it all the time. I machine wash and dry my quilts and have never had a problem with it. You can also tumble the quilt until it's partially dry and then hang it over a shower curtain rod or something similar and let it air dry the rest of the way.

It shrinks a tiny bit but it gives the quilt that nice puckery look. I've never had any problems with bunching or twisting even when the quilting is far apart.
Yeah, I always use the cotton batting ( I try to stock up when it is on sale) I never prewash my fabric. It washes up great and like twisted sticher said it gives it that nice "quilty " look.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
I use it all the time. I machine wash and dry my quilts and have never had a problem with it. You can also tumble the quilt until it's partially dry and then hang it over a shower curtain rod or something similar and let it air dry the rest of the way.

It shrinks a tiny bit but it gives the quilt that nice puckery look. I've never had any problems with bunching or twisting even when the quilting is far apart.
I agree. I wash and dry mine.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:41 AM

I recently used warm & natural batting for a Quilts for Kids quilt and so I had to wash before sending it to them... Well I have a front loading washing machine and it did not spin all the water out of the quilt... I tried to spin it on several different settings and no luck so I finally had to wring it out by hand and then put it in the dryer... I took a long time to dry... I don't know why it would not spin the water out.. That was the first time that I have washed a quilt... But I have 2 more Quilts for Kids to do so I will see how they come out... I was thinking maybe I should throw in a couple of towels in the washer and see if that will help...
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM

I always use warm and natural and all I make is baby quilts. I never pre wash the warm and natural. I do wash the quilt and I love the way it looks....like a quilt! I would go for it!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM

Forgot....I throw it in the dryer also.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Horsestitcher
I use warm and natural all the time. It washes AND dries in the dryer very nicely. I buy it by the roll, much cheaper, comes to about $5-6 per yard versus $9-10 in the shop. www.thewarmcompany.com

Wow, that's way cheap! It's 23$ / meter here!