Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Well, Call Me an Idiot... >

Well, Call Me an Idiot...

Well, Call Me an Idiot...

Old 11-20-2010, 03:53 PM

I am also a "fibro" person, and I know just what you mean..try and do way too much, and the next day, you hurt all over. I really feel it after doing a band concert (I play clarinet with 4 different groups)...extra meds help, but I hate taking so much "stuff" all the time. Just try to take a break every hour or so, get up and move around some...and when you get tired, or start hurting, stop doing things for a little while.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:56 PM

I just wanted to share something, too. For many of us, sleep issues are a huge problem. I am no exception. I have had 3 sleep studies and haven't had REM sleep in any of them. I wake up often and never felt rested.
I recently started taking melatonin and I can't tell you how much difference it has made for my sleep. Rather than tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable way to lay, I am asleep within half and hour of going to bed. I sleep 5-6 hours in a row, and I am even having dreams. So that means good REM sleep too. In the morning, I am stiff and achy, but I feel more rested than I have in years.
I feel enough more energetic that I really have to watch about overdoing it now, instead of having to force myself up out of my chair to even eat.
By around 3-4 PM, I am still having a serious lull in my energy and definite down time. But now, I can usually stay awake thru it; where before I would fall asleep in the middle of doing something.
I'm not saying everyone should get it and take it. But you might want to talk to your doctor about it if you are having sleep problems. Melatonin is over the counter and not terribly expensive. Walmart has it cheaper than the drug stores, and Sam's Club has it cheaper than Walmart. Most of the bigger chains seem to have a store brand of it, I think.
Good luck if you decide to try it with your doctor's blessing.
Hugs and smiles. wildlinda