Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Well, Call Me an Idiot... >

Well, Call Me an Idiot...

Well, Call Me an Idiot...

Old 11-15-2010, 09:25 PM

Right there with ya girl. I have RA, AS, degenerative disc disease (im 39 and have a back of a 99 yo) and fibro, along with a few other autoimmune issues that come along with the package, not too mention the medications.

I work full-time and I push and push until I hit the wall and crash. Hopefully, I learn moderation one day, but it's so hard and I just try to manage it all and cope. Some days are harder than others and some don't happen at all. But you push until you can't because that's how you live!

*bighugs*

And if you've never read this story/theory...please take a moment it really helped me cope with my diagnoses and talk to others about them...it really is amazing: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ar...e-miserandino/
Old 11-15-2010, 10:39 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I do the same thing. I start something, get excited and push when I know I should not, but REALLY want to make progress and then I can barely move for the next several days. Have to clean or anything else in short spurts. I hate it that I can't get more done. My brain has all these wonderful ideas and fun things to do and try, but my body just will not get with the program. I'm sorry you are in pain. I understand. Big Hugs.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 AM

not the same but in the same "family". I do it thru my counselor who is trained to do it. She is a licensed clinical social worker. You sit in front of a laptop with pictures, hooked up to electrodes on your head. ALL OUTPUT!! no input. It basically trains your brain to work more efficiently. Those of us with fibro..our brains process pain differently than the average person. I knew with my first session that it was helping. I had 6 sessions in 2 months. Have had "tuneups" about 4 times since. I feel better than I have in 10 years. I do a job that requires a lot of lifting and it is no problem. Life is good. I know different things work for different people...but what do you have to lose? lol Good luck.
Suzy
Old 11-16-2010, 07:40 AM

You need a massage. Treat yourself. You will feel like a new woman in no time. Also a soak in a hot tub. Does wonders for sore muscles.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:46 AM

Feel better fast, and I am sending you a PM, evidently I cannot endorse a product as a reply. I have been completely pain free from my Fibro for over 6 months because of this stuff. Will get it pm's to you right away
Old 11-16-2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
Feel better fast, and I am sending you a PM, evidently I cannot endorse a product as a reply. I have been completely pain free from my Fibro for over 6 months because of this stuff. Will get it pm's to you right away
heck, PM it to all of us. LOL.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 AM

I can so relate! I was up until 2 am finishing a quilt for a customer. I worked on it all day, starting about 8:30 am. Today my shoulders and hip are OUCH and I need to get the three quilts I'm doing for Christmas rocking...I don't want too...just want to sit in my non-existent hot tub!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:33 AM

I have fibro, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis and a deformed hip joint. I have found one good thing about ADD. It keeps me from sticking to one thing too long! lol. My fibro is worst in my neck and shoulders. My muscles have such a hard time relaxing. I try to limit myself to doing only 3 things per day, no matter how good I feel. I need to have something left over at the end of the day for my understanding and helpful dh and dd!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
I can so relate! I was up until 2 am finishing a quilt for a customer. I worked on it all day, starting about 8:30 am. Today my shoulders and hip are OUCH and I need to get the three quilts I'm doing for Christmas rocking...I don't want too...just want to sit in my non-existent hot tub!!!
Here are some warm hugs for you too, farmquilter. I hope you have a bathtub to soak in at least. I would be lost without my hottub. If you lived closer I'd say come on over and hop in!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:59 PM

You know they are finally realizing how debilitating Fibro can be...the medical profession is finally working to help
us..have you noticed the new fibro meds they have come out with.....not that they help everyone...they didn't help me but they have helped some....new ones will be coming out in the future...at least someone is listening....thats more than they did when I first came down with it. I am thankful
for that.Hang in there everyone.I will pray for you all and you pray for me...and we'll make miracles happen.