Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Well, Call Me an Idiot... >

Well, Call Me an Idiot...

Well, Call Me an Idiot...

Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 PM

It's hard to stop sewing once you have started and then you can really feel the pain once you stop. I take a Tylenol before sewing and it helps keep my fingers from hurting so much. I know what you are going through and am sending you a smile and hug.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Huggggggs marmalade, it's ok, everyone needs a good cry now and then. And a good whine with cheese and crackers is our right as humans!! It's just so great to know that so many others on this awesome board understand. I love how quilting turns out to be the perfect hobby for those of us who share so many difficulties. We can always stop, whatever we are doing, and it will be right there waiting for us when we are able to come back to it. The paint doesn't dry up, the beads don't spill cuz the cat walked on them, the glue isn't full of furbaby hair. Our fabric is right where we left it, waiting. The worst thing that might happen is our iron might have shut itself off, LOL.

Quilting brings me so much joy and gives me back the ability to feel productive and making a useful contribution once again.
Thnx for the hug & kind words. You brought a smile to my face!

:) :) :)
Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 PM

I have fibro myself. Have you ever thought of trying neurofeedback? I was so bad that I was out of work for 3 years. I tried neurofeedback back in April and May and was able to return to work in June. I am also off all of my meds! Good luck with the quilting!
Suzy
Old 11-15-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by NYNonny5
I have fibro myself. Have you ever thought of trying neurofeedback? I was so bad that I was out of work for 3 years. I tried neurofeedback back in April and May and was able to return to work in June. I am also off all of my meds! Good luck with the quilting!
Suzy
Is this the same as biofeedback? I haven't heard of neurofeedback as such. I use biofeedback techniques with moderate success. If there's something new, we all wanna know about it. !!!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:25 PM

Have you ever tried drinking Cherry juice? It was recommended to me by a friend who swears by it. I have been drinking it since Friday and already feel less pain in my joints. I don't know alot about your Fibro but I think it is not in the joints but the muscles (right?) but Cherry juice might be worth trying.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 PM

Thinking of you! I also suffer from fibro, and it's been showing up a lot lately. I think the season change along with overdoing it during this busy time of the year adds to our pain and fatigue. I know when I feel good, I overdo it because I don't know when I'll feel good again, so the cycle starts over. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:14 PM

I also have fibromyalgia and know exactly what you have done to yourself. My arms, hands and feet are my worst enemy especially when I over use them. I can sew for a day then I have to take one off then sew a day, well you probably know the drill.
I feel your pain and hope you can take it a little slower. I find when I am feeling really good, I forget what the pain is like until it hits me like a mack truck. Hope you are able to finish your gifts. God bless.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 PM

If I understand correctly there are over 100 kinds of arthitis. Most of them have visited my poor joints. Good thing we have all of you to discuss the pain with each other. My doctor told me to walk to strenthen the muscles but he also said it must be difficult when you're in pain. He is so right ! We are a stubborn bunch, right ? So we won't give in to the pain. Meds help a lot although expensive but can't have everything. With a bad heart, arthritis, emphysema and a few other maladys. I am lucky to be here so.....Do miss knitting and can't crochet for long due to bad hands so I let the sewing machine create for me. Thank God for it. Sorry to complain so much, got carried away. Will try to restrain myself from now on and not be so negative. Makes me remember an old saying I once heard "I felt bad because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet"
Old 11-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Do hope you are recovering quickly. Don't stress yourself out, if you don't get them done, take some pictures and give them with pieces of scraps - everyone understands an artist's "WIP". Seriously, rest yourself up and maybe pace yourself over the next few weeks so you don't end up in worse shape.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 PM

I have fibro and am bipolar. The Dr is taking me off the fibro med and I dread the constant pain. Will have to work with it.