Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
well this is June 30th so... >

well this is June 30th so...

well this is June 30th so...

Old 07-02-2008, 04:59 PM

I did the June Hop and have started the July hop. What I was wondering is the list for the July hop is a lot of the shops from the June hop. The sites I have already visited in June were a different color than the newly listed shops. Do I need to go back to the shops I went to last month and do them again?
Thanks
Old 07-02-2008, 06:43 PM

yes you do. They are usually the same shops each site. Some will have the new bunnies in the same place or a completely different one.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 PM

I recieved an email in May about winning the gift certificate from the March shophop. I think it depends on which shop site you win from, as to when you get notified. But they post the big winners around the 15th of the following month on the shophop web site. I'll check again...but I believe that's what it says in the members area.

Yep just went back in my records, I received my gift certificate the 15th of May for the March shop hop. Received my fabric on the 21st.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Another yep...here's what it says about posting winners on the shophop.com site....

How Winners will be Determined: The Grand Prize Winner, First Place Winners and Second Place Winners will be selected in a RANDOM drawing from among all eligible entries on approximately July 15, 2008. The prize winners will be posted on fabshophop.com/prizewinners_qhop17.asp on approximately July 30, 2008 and will be notified by email.

LOL :oops: oops...just noticed Moonpi already did this...you're sooo effecient Moonpi!! :D
Old 07-03-2008, 11:20 AM

I'm thinking now, maybe the gift certificate I won was from one of the sign up for our newsletter and register to win things on this particular site. I'm not sure, I was too excited to go shoppin to pay that much attention. I can tell you that I got my fabric very quickly and boy is it beautiful!! I have no idea what to do with it, and I'm kinda scared to cut it...but I sure do like looking at it LOL.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
I'm thinking now, maybe the gift certificate I won was from one of the sign up for our newsletter and register to win things on this particular site. I'm not sure, I was too excited to go shoppin to pay that much attention. I can tell you that I got my fabric very quickly and boy is it beautiful!! I have no idea what to do with it, and I'm kinda scared to cut it...but I sure do like looking at it LOL.

how funny afraid to cut it...lol well just fold it up and put it in the sewing room and admire it for now...haha...and here I was thinking you were the expert winner and could tell me exactly when the drawing would be....haha...where did you win from?...and did you get to choose what you won(like a gift Cert.) or did they send you a surprise?...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 PM

I won from Batik's Etc. It was a $10 gift certificate that I used towards fabric I would have never spent that much on LOL. It was a baker's dozen fat quarters of the prettiest pastel batiks. It was $30.00 but I got it for $20 plus $4.95 shipping and handling. Still more than what I would ever normally spend...but I really fell in love with these batiks and it was just after Mother's Day and all. So, hubby told me...go ahead and treat myself :D.

So no, I'm not expert LOL. Just lucky every now and again. What I can tell you, Batik's Etc was wonderful with their service! I was really surprised I got my fabric within a couple of days after ordering. One of my biggest concerns about ordering online is the trueness of the colors. Well let me tell you...the colors on the web site EXACTLY the colors I received. I'll attach the picture of them from the web site. I did notice they aren't listed on the July shophop.

here's there website address...

http://www.batiksetc.com/default.asp

I'm actually thinking of using these in a smaller size of the "play date" quilt posted in another thread here in the main area. Changing it a bit...but the same basic pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13644[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13644.jpe  
Old 07-03-2008, 07:30 PM

When I won, I got an email notification that I had 10.00 gift certificates. On one, I got some fabric that's going to be a pretty backing someday. The other was at the purse website. I don't do purses...I dread shopping to get one and I only use one until it wears out and then I get another one. A friend of mine saw a pattern she liked for 10 so I got it for her....problem was you had to at least spend 1.00 in the store. So my 10.00 pattern cost me 4.50 between shipping and buying the cheapest thing on the website to get my certificate.

Those are some pretty batiks!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:25 PM

No Lisa, you won it from the shop hop. I saw your name on the list they posted :)
Old 07-04-2008, 06:36 AM

I won from Batik's Etc. It was a $10 gift certificate that I used towards fabric I would have never spent that much on LOL. It was a baker's dozen fat quarters of the prettiest pastel batiks. It was $30.00 but I got it for $20 plus $4.95 shipping and handling. Still more than what I would ever normally spend...but I really fell in love with these batiks and it was just after Mother's Day and all. So, hubby told me...go ahead and treat myself :D.

So no, I'm not expert LOL. Just lucky every now and again. What I can tell you, Batik's Etc was wonderful with their service! I was really surprised I got my fabric within a couple of days after ordering. One of my biggest concerns about ordering online is the trueness of the colors. Well let me tell you...the colors on the web site EXACTLY the colors I received. I'll attach the picture of them from the web site. I did notice they aren't listed on the July shophop.

those colors are so pretty...I am lol because I would be afraid to cut them to and would probably use them to decorate my sewing room it just struck me funny....I've seen the sign ups to win while Ive been shop hopping so I guess I need to take the time out to sign up for those when I see them as expensive as material is it would be really a treat to win some....good for you someday when you do cut it and start the project you choose for it remind us and show us the progress ok?...

here's there website address...

http://www.batiksetc.com/default.asp