Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What Brand of Stabilizer Do You Use? Is There a Difference?

What Brand of Stabilizer Do You Use? Is There a Difference?

I bought my machine from a company that not only sells machines but also has an online business for sewing products. It's called sewforless.com. I've been buying my threads from there and like their products and the people. It's family owned. They mostly have a product called Wunderstitch. I've used mostly Pellion and just wonder how it compares to others. Is there a difference in brand names for stabilizers? I usually buy at JoAnns but if I could get stabilizer cheaper at sewforless I'll do that.

Are you talking about the sticky stuff between two layers of machine applique? I was told by the lady who taught me, that she loves Wonder Under. I have been very happy with that, so I have not tried anything else.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    It seems to me you are asking about stailizers as for embroidery and crafty sewing projects. I have only used Pellon so have no idea of the others. Also for my embroidery I prefer the OESD brand. I have not tried any others. Do not prefer Sulky brand at all.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Are you asking about stabilizer for embroidery or applique? There is deffinatly a difference.

I use stabilizers from kensewingcenter.com
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

I'm talking about stabilizers for embroidery, particularly for making quilted blocks.

I have been using the OESD stabilizer. Got in on the machine, running, as I type. I have tried a "bargain" type but did not like it as well. At the moment I am using a "cut away"

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Floriana has great stabilizers. Check the website for good info on the types of stabilizers and what each one is used for.
    Quilting in the Desert

Do you have a link to Floriana site?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter View Post
    Floriana has great stabilizers. Check the website for good info on the types of stabilizers and what each one is used for.