Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Chrismas project are you working on or have on your bucket list? >

What Chrismas project are you working on or have on your bucket list?

What Chrismas project are you working on or have on your bucket list?

Old 10-31-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Panchita View Post
I want to (finally) make us some Christmas stockings.

I've got as far as getting the Christmas fabric box out of the cupboard...

Does anybody have any recommendations for good patterns? Or do you all just wing it? (On the one hand I feel that drawing a suitable Christmas stocking shape should be easy, on the other the fear of messing up the shape is holding me back...)
choices.....choices
https://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/best-...-patterns-free

just click on the one you like best.

oooooh....more:
https://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/ma...tyles-pictures

looks like you can't go wrong-no matter what you try. Love that!

Last edited by mindless; 10-31-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:40 AM

So far I’ve made 3 Christmas journals that use small amounts of Christmas fabric in addition to Christmas themed paper from my paper stash. I’m down to just a few small bits and a couple of fat quarters of Christmas themed fabric that may be enough for some pot holders or trivets and and journal decorations for a couple more Christmas journals that I’m working on. The rest of the Christmas presents that I'm making or have already made for this year do not need Christmas fabric which is good, since I’ve been trying to shop my stash rather than buying fabric.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 10-31-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

I am not giving any sewn gifts for Christmas this year. But that doesn't mean I'm not making projects. I am making scrap rugs and rope bowls for future gifts needed during the year. This year the kids and grands will get some items on their wish list from me. A few clicks and I'm done shopping. DD asked for a Snowman throw she saw a quilt kit for. I bought the kit and will give that to her with the promise of making it for her birthday.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:36 PM

I’m not working on Christmas themed projects but I am working on two throw quilts that will be Christmas gifts. One is the Hearts and Pinwheels pattern from Jordan Fabrics and the other is Totally Tulips by MSQC.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MicheleC View Post
I’m not working on Christmas themed projects but I am working on two throw quilts that will be Christmas gifts. One is the Hearts and Pinwheels pattern from Jordan Fabrics and the other is Totally Tulips by MSQC.
I love the Totally Tulips pattern. I made one for a raffle and made over $2000. The quilt was stunning and happy with bright colors.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

I'm starting on next year. in the past i've made towels embroidered with names, a few different table runners, quilts, stockings,pillows,and this year, i'm doing hand crocheted washcloths, with homemade bath salts, soap and scrubbies.
I've also done placemats and matching napkins, ornaments, a yearly one, so now i'm asking for help. what can i make, it's 3 sets husband and wife gifts, and new baby 3 weeks, and a big girls who will be 3 in the beginning of December. She got an apron and potholder and cookie cutters for her birthday this year. Oh, last year, everyone got homemade aprons. the woman got quilting fabrics, and the guys got denim with a bar-b-q embroidered on it. I start next years gifts in October. I'm at a loss. someone, please HELP!!!
Old 10-31-2020, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

oh, and i have about 30 yards of fabric in the back seat of my car. I don't like driving people around. accident sand law suits, so i keep it there, and it's all where i know it is. it works out well. it's all covered, so faading worries.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

oh, i aalso made a bunch of stockings. my cousin wanted a tree skirt for her 18 ft. tree. it cost me over $100.00. !!!
it had bridal fabric christmas trees. that stuff is expensive. i kept all the little scraps for when ever i need them, too good to throw away.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:55 PM

I'm working on the "A Little Bit Shorter Tall Tree" quilt. I finally finished the piecing today. I'll put the borders on tomorrow and hopefully get it sandwiched. Quilting will happen next week.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:26 AM

I just started a Christmas quilt on Friday. Took me about a week to determine what pattern to use and what fabrics would work well together. Using Atkinson Designs "Slide Show" pattern. Using Christmas fabric and white on white snowflake scraps from a Christmas quilt from several years ago. Used up all the scraps of the white. And 10 fat quarters of Christmas fabric!! Yeah, made a small dent in my Christmas fabric box.
I drag that box out every year about the middle of October, one year in the middle of July, and for some reason never really get motivated to just do it and use some of it up. Guess the "Covid lock down" has been good for one thing anyway.
In my search for quick and easy quilt patterns that would showcase Christmas fabric and not require that it be a perfect match but blend well, I re-found Fabric cafe. That is the quilt company that has patterns for 3 yard quilts. All her patterns are based on three yards of fabric and makes a nice size throw or lap quilt. She also has a lot of new you tube videos that showcase her patterns and gives ideas of fabrics to use.
Don't think I can post a link to the you tube video she posted on Thursday using Christmas fabric with her patterns. She is selling her patterns and fabric and am not sure what the forum rules are for that. I already have another one planned using her pattern Picture Perfect that I already had and never made.