Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do this weekend??

Finished hand quilting a quilt for GGson's birthday, went to church, cooked a big pot of chili, loafed a lot. Oh yes. Can't forget my most hated job. Grocery shopping!

My sister came to spend the weekend and we both did some projects that needed another opinion. We have very different quilting styles but when we share a project it always gets better. I guess the addage that 2 heads are better than one is true!

I went to a class on Saturday to make a Dancing Stars quilt. Worked on it Sunday and Monday--have 4 long rows now. Will post pics when done.

I finally, after months of trying to figure out how I was going to unpack all my fabric from the move last spring, started doing just that. I unpacked one large box that had been sitting in the corner of my room since last spring, then cleaned out an old wicker storage chest, repacked many of the UFO's into it(while making a detailed list of what is in there, so I don't have to dig through looking for something), then moved in a large plastic storage drawer thingy that is full of my scrapes. Then I got inspired to make more room by ironing all my scrapes, sorting them by size and am planning to repack them more neatly into those drawers. Sounds nutty, I know, but I have several more boxes full of fabric waiting to be unpacked, so I want to make as much room as possible. When my sewing room completes it's remodel, I will have shelving 8 1/2 ft high by 19 ft long.....floor to ceiling, wall to wall shelves. In the meantime, I am just trying to "survive" without all my fabric unpacked.

But finding all those UFO's will help me to reach my goal of completing them BEFORE I start another new quilt (my New Year's Resolution this yr!!) Oh my, this is really torture!!!
    k

I am the weekend manager at a group home for developmentally disabled adults so I worked all weekend. Go in on Friday morn and come home Sunday pm. BUT I have a great big bedroom with a sewing area set up. So when I am not working, there I am.But they know where to find me (darn it LOL). My ladies are learning to sew. We got them little machines and they just completed tote bags. So my weekends are actually everyone else weekdays. Go figure

Helped hubby change the back tires on the tractor. Those boys are heavy!! Later that night did a little knitting, then off to bed.

Blog Entries
    I sewed some flannel sheets to fit a cradle I'm giving to my nephew for his new baby about to be born. I've already given them the quilts I made - all flannel backed fleece. They loved them. I also made burp cloths and changing pads for the changing table.

Then I cleaned the laundry room since we took out the old dryer which gave up the ghost on us - so new one got delivered yesterday! What a nice dryer; love it.

I worked Friday night till midnight. Then I worked on BOM blocks to catch up with this year's blocks.

I returned from my cruise with Quilt Among Friends. I haven't finished the project, but I learned 3 ways to applique and will have a wallhanging based on the Rose of Sharon book. Great fun - They are going to Alaska next year.

I returned from my cruise with Quilt Among Friends. I haven't finished the project, but I learned 3 ways to applique and will have a wallhanging based on the Rose of Sharon book. Great fun - They are going to Alaska next year.

DH and I went to the quilt show inBloomington, Indiana with another couple. DH and guy friend went to sporting goods and gun shop while female friend and I went to quilt show. Bought some half yard cuts for $2.99 each and a Bali pops 2 1/2" strip set and a 2 yd. X 108" cut of green batik for the backing of a batik d9p I'm working on. Had lunch at a great Brumese restaurant. I will never have a quilt in a show!! Those quilts are truly works of art.

Saturday I worked on this month's assignment on my Michael Miller Clubhouse quilt. Cut and got it sewed in one day. Much
    better than last month when we were learning to do flying geese units and to fussy cut. Sunday afternoon we worked on the bonus project which is a small throw called "Chain Reaction
    Quilt" Mine is now all cut out and I've made a few blocks. My
    friend works faster than me and has completed more of hers.
    I hope to finish it over Spring break.

Helped a friend with her first ever dressage show, She is trying to qualify for the Para Olympic team and rode the third level team
    test after only riding dressage for a few weeks, and on a brand new, to her, horse to boot. I was so proud of her - she and her horse did a great job.

Blog Entries
    I sew as a business during the week and try to sew for pleasure on the weekends. Saturday morning I started working on my crazy scrappy quilts. This gets to be like a sickness when I take all that stuff out. I worked on it most of Saturday until about 5 pm, went out dancing with my DH and then started in again on Sunday morning till after lunch. Started on it again yesterday morning, but had to put it away and get back to the real world. Next weekend.....

I spent the weekend at a retreat doing a mystery quilt. Not quite finished.

Mystery Quilt Retreat
    Name:  Attachment-148727.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  8.3 KB

Saturday I went to a rally(obedience type) trial with my dog. She blew all 3 classes. She just can't wait to start. Sunday I put fabric started products and scaps away. I am having a total knee replacement Thursday, and am trying to get things organized so I can sew without much moving around. I will learn how to use my left foot on the pedal! Diane C

I cleaned my waterlogged basement. On February 28 TH we had flooding all over town and our house to.The water backed up through the drain and we had 6 inches of water in here.We had to pump it out with 2 pumps. Tore all the wet carpet out of my finished basement and threw 4 boxes filled with soaked patterns away. Some of my stash got wet but I saved it by washing it. I am getting to old for all this furniture and plastic tubs moving.
    Thank God we have good oak furniture which my hubby build and they only had to be washed and dried.

Blog Entries
    Helped a friend clean and sort her storage area on Saturday. Got motivated to do the same at home. Sunday we planted 4 trees before Service at 4:00. Monday, I started my first quilt project on my 1919 Singer treadle sewing machine. It sews wonderfully and was so much fun!

Blog Entries
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    I was at Sewing Expo in Puyallup, WA, with friends.
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My husband took me to Cannon Beach for 3 days. It was so relaxing. One day of bad weather, thats OK I got to read. We visited all the quilt shops in the area. One day of absolutely spectacular weather. We had a great time.

GGD stayed over Fri/Sat so we played games, and then when she and DH went to see Rango on Sat, I stayed home and finished reading Jodi Picoult's book House Rules, which was wonderful. Just love her books.
    Sunday DH & I went to visit 2 antique shops before rain turned to snow and we had to head home. Almost bought antique quilt... couldn't make up my mind between 4, so decided to think about it. All were hand pieced/quilted. Two were 1930s, other two were 1880s...not thrilled about colors in 3 of them but loved the patterns. Loved colors of 1 but not liking the pattern and.... Only 1 was full size, the rest were twin. As you can see I still have not made up my mind.

P.S. A young friend & former co-worker (my kids age) does the voice of Spoons in Rango. Very proud of him!

Blog Entries
    I wall papered, painted for over 20 hours and cleaned the house. We have it up for sale and planning on moving soon. So this weekend I hope to get to do a lot of sewing and me time!

I started a wall hanging and a table matt for my table and spent time cutting the blocks.

I also had an unexpected opportunity to go the Puyallup, Wash sewing expo (I live in PA) We had 2 full days there-loved every minute. I saw & chitchatted with Eleanor Burns-she is originally from my area of PA, Nancy Zeiman & Libby Lehman.
    My wallet suffered but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, loved it.

machine quilted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast