Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What did you do this weekend??

Weight Watchers Saturday, ran errands, bought groceries.

Sunday, went to church and then to breakfast with friends. Just after coffee got poured our 32 yo DS called and said he had a rapid heartbeat that wouldn't resolve and he needed to go to the ER. Left the table, rushed home, picked him up and off to the ER. It took about an HOUR before the triage nurse called him back... they even took people that came in after us back before him.

When she hooked him up to the BP/Pulse machine she was asking questions and typing and finally realized the machine had inflated and deflated several times. She looked at the machine and then at him and said "Do you feel like your heart just changed rhythm. My DS said 'well, yea, that is why I'm here. They took him back immediately. Long story short -- eventually (late in day) got sent to CCU as his heartbeat at one point was 174 with a BP of 60/40 (Before Meds). Their problem was keeping his blood pressure up while they brought the heart rate down because the meds lower the blood pressure.

Finally saw a cardiologist late MONDAY afternoon. He got moved to a regular room and they put a 24 hr monitor on him. If that stays stable for 24 hrs then the meds are working and he can go home ... but will have to stay on the meds for the rest of his life.

Very grateful to the Lord for sparing him!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN
    Weight Watchers Saturday, ran errands, bought groceries.

Sunday, went to church and then to breakfast with friends. Just after coffee got poured our 32 yo DS called and said he had a rapid heartbeat that wouldn't resolve and he needed to go to the ER. Left the table, rushed home, picked him up and off to the ER. It took about an HOUR before the triage nurse called him back... they even took people that came in after us back before him.

When she hooked him up to the BP/Pulse machine she was asking questions and typing and finally realized the machine had inflated and deflated several times. She looked at the machine and then at him and said "Do you feel like your heart just changed rhythm. My DS said 'well, yea, that is why I'm here. They took him back immediately. Long story short -- eventually (late in day) got sent to CCU as his heartbeat at one point was 174 with a BP of 60/40 (Before Meds). Their problem was keeping his blood pressure up while they brought the heart rate down because the meds lower the blood pressure.

Finally saw a cardiologist late MONDAY afternoon. He got moved to a regular room and they put a 24 hr monitor on him. If that stays stable for 24 hrs then the meds are working and he can go home ... but will have to stay on the meds for the rest of his life.

Very grateful to the Lord for sparing him!
    Please know that my prayers are with you all, I hope that he will be doing much better soon. HUGS TO ALL!!!

Thank you so much.

I went to a quilt show in Somerset NJ with my sister.

I finished the quilt top from Hades. It was a community quilt for guild that had scraps of fabric to put together. Being fairly new to quilting, I'd never tried to design something without a pattern or idea. I made borders and put a churn dash block in each corner. Being a novice, I didn't really understand how to calculate some of the pieces. Long story shortened, I used every scrap I had but finally pieced the thing together. Many bad words and much increase in my BP later, I'm ready to sandwich and will do some straight line quilting and turn it in at next week's meeting. I thought I was a "confident beginner" quilter, but maybe I'm still just a "beginning beginner".

Blog Entries
    I spent the weekend with daughter in Orlando and her family attending 2 soccer games,2 Irish Step Dance shows and a parade. Between all these activities, I made an Irish Step Dance solo dress.

Blog Entries
    Not much sewing. Had a houseful of company. 14 adults, 8 children ages 15 months, 2,3,4,5 (2 of them),6 & 10. And some of the adults that acted like 3. All in fun though. Great time.

I wasn't home much. Missed my sewing projects! But do plan on spending time sewing this coming weekend! Yay!

Lucky you going to Nancy's. I stayed home and cleaned house, worked on decluttering the sewing room more, watched it rain - all kinds of exciting stuff. :lol:

Hubby and I went to Daytona, FL to enjoy a few days of Bike Week but home now, really tired. Rain coming in tomorrow so plan to spend day in sewing room.

Blog Entries
    I got to go to a local quilt shop I have been wanting to visit and purchased some fabric for a fence rail quilt.

Spent the weekend curled up on couch,SICK, our whole household has been under the weather for about 3 weeks now. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    Time for it to move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the shop hop! Visited 123 stores and saw some the neatest websites, bookmarked some and signed up for newsletters from others. All from the comfort of my couch. Been procrastinating starting the next quilt when as I gathered each of the 12 patterns it is exactly what I was searching for! Now so ready to start - right after I finish on this board.

I made a baby quilt and did my daughter's and our taxes. Hurray they're done!!! And we didn't have to pay!!!!

I did some familys income taxes. boring

Power Poster
    Did a little shopping Saturday then DH and I picked up our youngest son at the bus station for his one week spring break.

i was on a short vacation with my daughter and her family. i still managed to sandwich a baby cowboy quilt. otherwise, played with grandkids and shopped at trader joes and whole foods (we don't have either in okc yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3Es
    I got to go to Nancy's Notions in Beaver Dam, WI!!! It was awesome!!! I didn't get to stay long but I did spend a little $. At least I can say that I have been there!!!
    Was is worth the trip? My daughter lives in Madison and I have thought I should trek up to Beaver Dam sometime when I am visiting her to check it out.
    (I'm from Chippewa Falls which isn't too far from Neilsville)

Blog Entries
    I cleaned the basement, had to throw out some stuff, told my kids to come and get what belongs to them OR on garbage day it goes. I finally got my sewing machine back from the maintenance dr. Soooo now I can sew till my heart is content. The basement is my sewing santuary, but when the kids moved out they're stuff did not go with them.

I went shopping on Saturday, and on Sunday, I headed to the basement, began the Laundry, It's right next to my longarm. So I played on my longarm from 7 am until 3 pm, then to my sewing room and quilted on a BOM project. It was a great day.

I tore my sewing room apart! Trying to re organize it!

Blog Entries
    Needed to clean and organize my apt but went to Staples to pick up my new desk chair and ran alot of other errands. Did cross-stitch a little on Sunday.

Blog Entries
    I went to Waco to see a friend that I had not seen in over 2 years and had a wonderful time was so good to see her

a regular here
    Blog Entries
    My prayers are with you, keep faith in God.

Brought home the bacon, fried it up in a pan, and never let my husband forget he's a man.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ROFL at myself :) :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast