Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do with your quilts? >

What do you do with your quilts?

What do you do with your quilts?

Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Never have time to quilt for myself, but need to get something for my bed. All are gifts.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 PM

That's probably why I have lots of tops, waiting to be quilts, lol. I don't have to get rid of them if they aren't finished, right, lol! Seriously though, if my quilt has a place to go, then I finish it! Otherwise, I put one on the frame & quilt it, when I feel like it. That works for me. Once I quilt one, I usually am in the mood to do another, so I get several done. Then go back to piecing, or whatever. My quilts stay with me till the right opportunity presents itself. I wish I had more company, so they could tell me they absolutely love one, then I could send it home with them, or, gift it to them later, lol... I don't mind sharing them, just want to make sure they go to someone who will love them & use them, & not just stick them away somewhere, & forget about them...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:35 PM

I make them for me or family. At some point, I will have to quit quilting due to vision damage and I want to be sure we all have plenty of quilts to last.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM

I've given all the larger ones away. I still have some lap quilts that were practice quilts when I first got my LA, but family and friends usually end up with the others. I keep saying that I need to keep a few for myself, but then an "occasion" arises and out the door it goes!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
They are always given away as gifts. I don't have a single one that I have ever made. . .
Same here, but currently I am working on the AOTH Cybersew here on the QB and that quilt will be ALL MINE!!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Jim

I always had someone in mind for them until we got our quilting machine and I started making tops for others...now I dont have enough time to do something just for us. Its usually always an order or for a gift...I always have plans to do a certain one but seems like someone or something always comes along and takes presidence
Old 07-07-2011, 08:44 AM

I really think I need to keep a few, or when I'm gone, someone will come in and say: "What in the world did she do with all this fabric and equipment?? Where are the quilts??" LOL!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 PM

I give most of mine away. I have three that I've kept. One is a memory quilt made of fabric from my mother's clothes I used to sew for her. I dearly love the giving away part of quilting. I love the making part, too. In fact, the only part I don't love is the basting part.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 PM

I give mine away, if I do not have a person in mond when I started .. typically by the end .. it has a destination.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 AM

I wait for my kids to say they want one. my oldest son saw the Lone Star and went WOW so is getting it. the same with some of the other ones If they say they like the quilt while still in progress I say your name is on it and that person gets that quilt. otherwise the quilts stays with me. I must have a dozen quilts with no name on them.