Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you like about your Quilting Guild/Group/Co-Op? >

What do you like about your Quilting Guild/Group/Co-Op?

What do you like about your Quilting Guild/Group/Co-Op?

Old 04-24-2014, 01:53 PM

The one thing our local group does at each meeting is anyone who wants to, can bring up to 5 fat quarters and put their name in the basket once for each FQ. At the end of the meeting, a name is drawn and that person gets all the FQ from that meeting. Each month there is a theme for the FQ. Great way to help each other build stash, and if you don't like the theme, don't bring any that month. No pressure.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:26 PM

The fellowship of other quilters, and to have help on little issues on techniques. I have made lots of friends, seen lots of different quilting, and feel good about what my quilting is and does for myself and our family and friends.
Mariah
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

It meets at the church which is only about 1 mile away. There is a lot of good light, and nice big tables to spread out a quilt that will be pinned, AND the other ladies help with the pinning. They are all so very nice.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:50 PM

I have not found a local sewing group in my area but would enjoy (a couple times a month) the company of other quilters...
Old 04-24-2014, 05:55 PM

We have a great local quilt shop in Gardnerville!! They've been here for 15 years and have FABULOUS fabric! I just finished doing my first Saturday Sampler at the shop and have signed up for the next sampler. I enjoyed the experience so much. Got to do a new block each month and attend the monthly meetings. The shop actually has 3 sessons for the Saturday Sampler which meets the first Saturday of each month. 12 blocks fill the 12 months! I love to see all the show & tell items. We have so many talented quilters ... It's a great time to learn about new products ... techniques & ideas from the members. It's a fun filled day ... Love it!!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:06 AM

I don't like guilds that much. My favourite groups are the ones where we meet and just sew and visit. In Phoenix we meet once or twice a month at the Chandler police. In Canada we meet twice a month and share a potluck lunch. no meeting just sewing and friendship.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:22 PM

I like my group because we have no officers-no dues-no cliques. We meet every Monday share what we are doing and sometimes new things we have learned. We also help each other sandwiching quilts because we meet in a community room that has large tables. Beats crawling around on the floor, which most of us cannot do anymore.