Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you listen to while you quilt?

Sometimes enjoy the silence. Love, love, love pandora on my iphone! Something about quilting makes me want to listen to bluegrass or classic country mostly but can be found listening to the standards, classical, just about anything.

I like music while I'm machine quilting... I like Pandora and my stations are pretty eclectic. But most afternoons I enjoy the quiet. My dh always has tv on when he's home at night. I'm not much of a tv watcher anymore although I do enjoy nfl football.

I'd like to try audiobooks as I love to read. I'm not sure if I could concentrate on both though. I'm kind of a one task at a time person.

Mostly listen to music. Soon it will be time for Christmas music...always look forward to getting out my Christmas cd's.
    Other time of year I listen to cd's, or turn on Pandora, pick an artist I like, and let the music play...always an interesting variety that way...especially when I do a mix of artists.

I listen to Pandora.

Blog Entries
    I listen to christian rock on the radio-Air 1. It's all we listen to. No need to worry about language or content.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Blog Entries
    Silence. Love it.

I like silence.

I have a TV in my sewing room with Dish Network and I listen to Serius radio, mostly light classical to country to bluegrass.

I listen to the birds outside, the quiet hum of my sewing machine, the dogs playing, me grumbling when I make a goof, or maybe sometimes to the radio.
    Amythyst

I listen to audio books on my Kindle - or just soak up the silence of the house and have the freedom with my own thoughts. Both work great!

Audio books for me. I love them.
    Pat

I watch old t.v. series on DVDs.

I listen to 50"s music from the tv or as the kids call it elevator music.

It is often a book on CD or NPR on Saturday and Sunday afternoons/evenings. I am still working every day so my quilting time is limited. When free motion quilting it is music. I was told that it helps and I found that it does.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Usually NPR (National Public Radio) and this one is on: Brahms Bethoven etc.. then once an hour interrupted by news LOL .. Gives a very calmning affect to my avatar and then she lays and sleeps in there .. LOL I have the phone out in my sewing room just in case !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt View Post
    I love to listen to classical music. We have a radio station here that is specialized on classical music, film music and new classics - perfect for me. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, John Barry, John Williams, Nigel Hess, Patrick Doyle and all the others inspire me a lot with their music!
    Wisconsin has a wonderful public radio station. Classics all the way. I've been in other states and could not find such a station. Their public stations did not do classics.

In the winter time, I sometimes do my scrappy quilts on the big dinning room table at one end of the living room. When my husband gets a good story going on Public TV, I watch long enough to get to know the characters, and then I sew while they talk. That way I loose all the sight gags. LOL

I have my computer tuned into WRJQradio.com out of Appleton, WI

Generally, when I'm quilting on my dsm I need some music that makes me tap my foot and keep the pace like some Rolling Stones and rocknroll. When I'm piecing, depends on the project - sometimes it's Netflix or one of the 20+ stations that I've saved to Pandora.

NPR 8 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    I either turn on the radio (country) or use the classic country station on the computer. Sometimes it's Celtic music.
    How would I find the classic country station on the computer? I usually have the cooking channel on or house hunters just because I don't have to focus on them.

Audio books is such a great idea - mostly l put on old John Denver record albums (yes, records...remember those?) But I think I'll try an audio book next.

Classics if I'm concentrating, they are soothing. A good dose of girl band 'Bond' when I want something lively, but usually the wonderful tones of Andrea Boccelli

Blog Entries
    I'm the opposite of your mom. When I'm sewing or ironing, I'll have both the radio on in the kitchen (which is next to my sewing studio) and the tv on in the family room (which is off the other side of my sewing studio). So while I'm sewing I can hear the radio and while ironing I can watch tv!
    Go forth and sew!

I have to say that I have an awesome brother because he just installed a flat screen TV in my sewing room....wooot woot! I watch TV...lol...or listen that is....lol!
    Blessed are they that can laugh at themselves, For they shall never cease to be amused.

http://quiltsnmore.webs.com

I listen to either the TV or christian radio.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast