Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: What do you love/What do you not love..

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    I love every step but when it's time to make parts fit for the sandwiching, it's a pain to me. Can't lay it out on the floor or my little 6# Peke plops right in the middle. Move her? She finds another spot. I haven't gotten into buying backing fabrics so I always have to pc. the back.
    I have a friend who's DH made her a size queen-block for sandwiching. He used plywood (I think) and put hinges so that it can be folded and stored under her bed. If I don't get my long arm, I may just ask him for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by valerieolm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    I love every step but when it's time to make parts fit for the sandwiching, it's a pain to me. Can't lay it out on the floor or my little 6# Peke plops right in the middle. Move her? She finds another spot. I haven't gotten into buying backing fabrics so I always have to pc. the back.
    I have a friend who's DH made her a size queen-block for sandwiching. He used plywood (I think) and put hinges so that it can be folded and stored under her bed. If I don't get my long arm, I may just ask him for one of these.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I like everything up to the quilting. To me, it's a necessary evil. I like putting on the binding, and I love the sewing of it to the back. But then, I have always liked doing hand work.

Peaches, I love the planning, the sewing, even the hand sewing of the binding. What I do not like is the cutting because I do not do a good job. I hope I have solved that problem by buying an AccuQuilt Go! I have cut out a few things but haven't had a chance to sew yet as I had to have a pace maker implanted Thursday. Hope to get startes tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    Peaches, I love the planning, the sewing, even the hand sewing of the binding. What I do not like is the cutting because I do not do a good job. I hope I have solved that problem by buying an AccuQuilt Go! I have cut out a few things but haven't had a chance to sew yet as I had to have a pace maker implanted Thursday. Hope to get startes tomorrow!
    !
    Ooooh, I am asking for an AccuQuilt Go! for Christmas!

I HATE squaring up HST's but it makes the end result sooo much better! The price we have to pay.

I have been told the ACCU-Quilt is a better way. Don't own one, but have seen the results. A lady in our guild will even take your fabric and cut it all out for you on the ACCU-Qult.

Quote Originally Posted by puddingtain
    Nothing I hate about quilting....really like the whole process !
    me too, i have so many things "in process" that if i don't feel like cutting, i can piece, if i don't feel like piecing, i can applique.. etc, etc & so on..

i used to hate pinning the sandwich together, but thanks to all you wonderful ladies, i learned about basting spray... now i don't hate that part either!

I just work away at the pile until I'm done...then, surprise!!! If I do a few every day in-between doing something else, that works, too. Before you know it you're done! The way I cut I always end up squaring up something!

I love being in my sewing room and creating....I hate to stop and cook.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5