Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think of the Brother PQ1500S Sewing and Quilting Machine >

What do you think of the Brother PQ1500S Sewing and Quilting Machine

What do you think of the Brother PQ1500S Sewing and Quilting Machine

Old 07-12-2013, 04:37 PM

I love mine too. I have had it for several years. I use the walking foot to do straight line quilting. Everything about it works great. I do piecing and quilting on it nearly every day. It likes to be cleaned and oiled regularly and just purrs like a kitten. I have never had it serviced. I highly recommend this machine. It is definitely a workhorse.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Just want to add; Ditto to all of the above. It sews right over all those intersecting seams without a problem, the quality of the stitch is superior and the price is very moderate. Would recommend it to any quilter. Very occasionaly I wish it had a simple zigzag but that is the only thing I sometimes miss.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 AM

I have 2 of the PQ1500S machines and love them! I have two because my first one was in for a service and the shop was taking too long to get it back to me, so I decided to buy another for backup.

I've used the walking foot a lot - to the point that it's now worn out and I need a new one. I've pieced on it, FMQed on it, and have sewn some really thick stuff with it, even vinyl and webbing. They are tough machines. I love the needle threader and the thread cutter.

I'm now considering the purchase of a Grace King quilting frame for one of the machines. I realize I will probably quickly run out of room because of the size of the arm, but I think it will be great for learning.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another PQ1500S if I ever had the need for one.

On another note, I also have a 1941 Singer 15 that I've done a lot of piecing on, and if I had gotten this machine first, I may have never needed the PQ1500S. So if cost is an issue, you may want to consider an older machine. My Singer 15 sews smooth as silk. The only thing I miss on it is the reverse, thread cutter, and needle threader. When you compare the prices though, the old machine is a much better deal.

Hope this is helpful - let me now if you need more details.

Jodie