Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WHAT DO YOU THINK OF >
  • WHAT DO YOU THINK OF

• WHAT DO YOU THINK OF

Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 AM

I've tried it for a small project as I was pressed for time. Must say, I quit liked it and will do some more, one day. First I want to finish a few W.I.P.s.
    Old 08-25-2011, 04:27 AM

Hi,
    I have made several of the "Fun and Done" quilts which are quilt as you go and I have been very satisfied with the results. The are wonderful for baby quilts because they go together very nicely and they are done in a flash. I finished a lap size one over a weekend. These patterns are very easy to use and the results are beautiful. I have no affiliation with the pattern company - I am just a very satisfied customer - I think I have purchased 7 or 8 of these patterns. They are super.
    Sue in PA
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 AM

I made a baby qayg a while back. The pattern looked like a large log cabin block and was done in only two colors, I used a red and blue. Turned out very nice.
    Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Will you post pictures when it is done? Or even pictures along the way. Please and thank you. I'd love to see it.

Originally Posted by audsgirl
    I'm in the process of doing one in a different method than most. You stitch the pieces in a log cabin style, but only onto the batting. When you finish with that, the blocks are sewn together. Then you put the backing to it, and sew down between the blocks and at certain spots where you want to tack it. Because the top has been stitched to the batting, you don't need to do a lot of quilting. And this eliminates the need for adding sashing strips to cover the joins. I got the instructions from the blog http://sewtakeahike.typepad.com As with any log cabin, there is a lot of straight sewing and stopping and starting, but as the pieces get get longer, the stops are less frequent. I think it's going to be really cute when I get it done.
    I've never posted pictures before, but I will try.
    Old 08-25-2011, 12:39 PM

It's on my to do list
    Old 08-25-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    I've attempted 2 so far and have not been happy with my results. I've seen some that others have done and they looked wonderful.
    I tried it too. I loved making the blocks, but hated to put the blocks into rows. I'm going to give them away, just haven't had a chance to do it yet.
    Old 08-25-2011, 04:49 PM

I've never done it and don't think I've seen one can't imagine it not coming out nice. Please tell me the difference and would love to see a pic especially the dresden. Thanks and good luck we have to work with what we have working. Sue
    Old 08-25-2011, 04:49 PM

I'VE DONE SEVERAL QAYG REVERSIBLE QUILTS FOR CHARITY. THEY ARE LAP ROBE SIZE. WHEN THEIR DONE YOU'RE DONE EXCEPT FOR BINDING.
    Old 08-25-2011, 04:53 PM

I do like the lap quilting of days gone by. I really like doing Cathedral Windows for that reasons. Once quilted it is done.
    Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
    QM
    Power Poster

Getting the joins to be other than real lumpy messes is tricky, but QAYG quilts can be very nice. I did 4 king sized QAYG reversible quilts for auctions before I got good at the quilting. They brought top money.

Since I have 2 bum knees and a fused ankle, I have gone over to the Janome 6600, which like most of their recent machines, has an on/off button. The foot pedal is left off and the control is manual. It is a hit with me.