Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think of this? >

What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
It doesn't make sense and they need to fire their proof reader. Or hire one.
Grammar is not my forte, but why a new proofreader?
Old 09-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

It doesn't make sense and they need to fire their proof reader. Or hire one.
I copied and pasted and the spacing was off when it went to the post format. You actually thought I'd take the time to change font and color and format for the post? That proofreader's job is safe.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:36 AM

Many machines share the same manufacturer. At one time Brother, Janome and Kenmore all shared the same manufacturer, that's why they are so similar and you can often interchange the feet. One year Euro Pro had a machine that was made by the same manufacturer as Janome and Brother, very high end, retailed for about $200, excellent machine. If you look at the Brother PE-150 embroidery machine, you can find that exact same machine under several different names. I own a Babylock 6 needle embroidery machine, which is exactly the same as the 6 needle Brother embroidery machine except the Babylock has a joined cursive alphabet and the Brother doesn't, that's what distinguishes one from the other. Same manufacturer, different features.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:43 AM

I have lower end Brother from Walmart that my daughter bought me, and a high end Brother from a dealer. That said, I would not part with either. The low end has way fewer stitches and bells and whistles, but is a work horse in its own right, and has travelled all over the country under a Grayhound bus and still works great if just a bit more vibration and noise than the high end one. The high end is the machine I would design if given the opportunity. The best feature for me is the needle threader since I can no longer see to do so. I hope this is helpful?
Old 09-27-2014, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I was told by a Babylock dealer that Brother & Babylock are made in the same factory. But of course, being a Babylock dealer, they told me that the Babylock models are the superior models.

I looked at some of the Babylock machines and I could tell a lot of the bits and pieces matched my Brother machine. I couldn't really tell if they were "superior" or not, though.
Just because two machines are made by the same company, or happen to look the same on the outside, doesn't necessarily mean the components are the same on the inside. When it comes to sewing machines, you definitely get what you pay for.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:08 AM

Makes no sense to me either. Maybe you signed up for something at a fabric store and the emails are now being marketed.
Are you looking to buy a new machine? If so, buy the machine with the most metal. And see if the dealer will open one up so you can see the metal inside. Some newer machine are not well built structurally.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
This doesn't make sense to me!
Doesn't make any sense to me either. I LOVE my Bernina !!
Old 09-27-2014, 03:15 PM

I have read many posts saying what a good machines Brothers are. I guess I got a dud. My mother in law bought me one about 22 yrs ago, probably from Wal-Mart or Hancocks, I'm not sure, but that machine never would work for me. She would fool with it and it would sew for a little bit then the tension would go. I finally got rid of it. I thought from then on that Brother machines were all bad quality. I guess it was just that one.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

If you watch Project Runway, the machines are Brother. Nothing like what you see at the dealers though.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:43 PM

Most household appliance do the same.
i bought a tiara last year went to pick up extra bobbins and the lady told me Phaff as the same machine I said whaaaaaa, I don't like phaff , I have a Sewing machine that as given me nuttin but heartache, she said really , I said yes really, she said I've never heard a bad thing about Phaff, I said U did when I brought it here to be fixed and U offered me 300$ for my $2000 machine that needs fixing after every quilt. She said oh! Paid for my bobbins and out the door I went.

sorry for ranting still peeved with the Phaff.