Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Want for Christmas? >

What Do You Want for Christmas?

What Do You Want for Christmas?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:57 PM

A Singer Featherweight. Going to look at one locally tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:19 PM

Get an Olfa or Omnigrid. They're the most expensive but will easily last 10 years or more
Old 12-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Kas

I have the Stamps by Kate hexie stamp and just love it! It has a cutting and a sewing line and you just stamp a bunch, cut them out and then sew on the line! No sewing through or having to remove papers!
Old 12-04-2016, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by sandrab64 View Post
Supplies to hand dye my own fabric!
All you need is some containers, like pyrex baking dishes, med to large totes and the dye, you can go with the most popular or go to a company like Dharma, I think I spelled it right and get different ones. You live in MN, you should search on ice dying, they've even had people on here talk about it. Lots of you tubes on it, and Angela Wolf has a class on it as well.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:50 AM

Mine has nothing do to with quilting or sewing. I live in an old house that my ex really messed up when he was "improving" it, I need to have the funds to get it fixed before I lose it to rot, etc. I want things around my house to just work the way they should. I don't have one room that doesn't need help, rather its electrical or wood rotting, etc. I did finally get my son to put in a new toilet this week, which is great and will save me money, the other one leaked, couldn't keep clean because it was so old. Its crazy that a small thing like a new toilet can make someone so happy. I have machines, sewing, emb, cutting etc to do my hobbies but its the thing that would have the biggest impact on my life that needs the most help. I could use some extra time or energy before Christmas to make the gifts that I want to make for my grandbabies and kids, that would be nice. after my house is done then I'd love the Brother Dream machine, I love the fact that you can scan a pic in and then digitize it out, without any additional software. That's a way in the future dream and by then there will probably be another great machine to take its place.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:23 AM

You Guys got me thinking about some things that I had not considered wanting...LOL! The quilt ladder would be great and so would the display cabinet, armoire, and a quilt room. My daughter keeps telling me she would buy me one or have one built if she wins the lottery. Fat Chance of that, Right? My small 1972 ranch style home is stuffed with family heirlooms..old furniture really. If I had been a bit older and wiser when we built it, I would have made the rooms several feet larger in all directions. Anyway, I really don't need a darn thing. It would be great if I could learn to FMQ well enough to finish at least three quilts that I have in the works. Never am satisfied with my practice quilting. Have a Very Merry Christmas, All of You Quilters!!!
Old 12-04-2016, 08:27 AM

Oh, I might add that I would like a Quilting Buddy also. Maybe those in neighboring states of Florida and maybe western Georgia or lower Mississippi would like to have a quilt weekend together with me and we could make some quilt buddies to inspire each other. Just a thought. No quilt guild nearby or interested quilter friend locally so far.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

I would also like a quilt ladder and an inexpensive simple embroidery machine to make some simple labels for my quilts.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kas View Post
I have the Stamps by Kate hexie stamp and just love it! It has a cutting and a sewing line and you just stamp a bunch, cut them out and then sew on the line! No sewing through or having to remove papers!

Hmm, looked into that website..interesting. I do enjoy epp----gfg, potc. I have tried handpiecing, but I feel like I'm all thumbs....especially at the joining seams.....maybe need a class or two....just to get the trick of it...

Last edited by Geri B; 12-05-2016 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:17 PM

ALL OF THE ABOVE..
It is interesting and a wee bit sad the number of us(I include myself) who are wishing for a sewing buddy. Why are those so hard to find these days? They've become a rare bird lol. Seems like everyone is too busy. But on a happy note, glad I'm not alone! Tee hee.