Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you wear? >

what do you wear?

what do you wear?

Old 10-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Jeans (bigger than my size) that's what I wear until they've got holes in them and "a blouse" that takes me ages to find -- that's thinning until I find another I love. My husband hates that I won't put on better clothes when people come to visit. My thoughts are that what I have on is "clean" and comfortable. People come up they have to accept what I wear at home.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 PM

Jeans, big baggy t-shirt and my "girls" are allowed out to roam free. If I think someone might come over than I'll actually put on nicer clothes and the "girls" are back in the hammocks. I'll even put my socks on, company is coming.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 PM

I have always worn very comfortable clothes to sew in...sweats or shorts and a t-shirts. But lately I have been thinking that I need to stop wearing the elastic waist pants and shorts. My waist is expanding along with the elastic. Time to take control and I think that fitted pants might make me think twice about snacking while sewing.
Just a thought......
Old 10-26-2010, 03:32 PM

Scrub bottoms and t-shirt or sweat shirt depending on the weather even when family, friends, or customers come by--as long as its clean/neat. The jeans are saved for "dress-up" along with a short or long-sleeved shirt. Casual is my lifestyle, I dressed for too many years when I was teaching school.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:35 PM

It is so cold here in Utah already....sweats and a long sleeve knit shirt. Warm socks and my Birks! Have to be warm and comfy to sew!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Jeans and tees with a sweatshirt or hoodie available if it gets too chilly. Capris and tees in the summer. I could easily spend every day in jeans, my all time favorite. All the years of dressing up for work makes retirement dressing all the more special.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Comfy is the name of the game when sewing.....makes it even more pleasant than it already is. I mostly wear stretchy capris and either a tank top or short sleeved tee shirt and almost always barefoot (it is usually warm here all the time). If cooler, slippers go on. A good cup of java or a glass of wine completes the ensemble. :D
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM

My warm weather uniform is comfy shorts & t-shirts & flip-flops (or knee sox if the A/C is freezing my legs); my cold weather uniform is sweatpants/shirts & thick sox & thick padded slippers. Except for when I need to go somewhere, (like grocery shopping) I keep the same clothes on until my next shower (which is often enough so that I & others can stand to be near me at all times). I never know what time of the day or night that I'll require a power nap; I'm not changing my clothes for those naps (which can sometimes last all night!) With these 2 standard uniforms, I am always prepared ... for naps, for housework, for sewing, for trips to the paper box & the mailbox, etc.

And a p.s.: I do have grungier clothes/footwear that I wear when I must go outside with my gardening tools & play in the dirt.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:17 PM

Oh my. I love this forum and all you quilting sisters. Seems the majority are of the same opinion as me COMFORT first.
For me Summer Knit shorts, tank top and definitely NO SHOES
Winter Jeans or sweat pants, favorite old sweatshirt, had it for years. on my feet my favorite UGG boots.
I'm up and at the gym at 6.30 am five mornings a week. Usually need to shop on Saturday but occasionally on a Sunday I'll stay in night clothes for a while. Luxury
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM

Depends on season for me... Cool season ~ Jeans and Sweatshirt or sweater. Summer shorts and tanktop..