Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you wear? >

what do you wear?

what do you wear?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM

I LOVE JAMMIES. Winter I sew in jammies or sweats. Summer lightweight jammies or tees and soft shorts. I could be happy living in jammies in the house. Sometimes I get up, shower and put on clean jammies for the day in the winter if I know I am not going out and no company expected lol.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 AM

I don't get dressed either unless I have some plan for the day. Making up for all the years I was up and ready at the crack of dawn.

I sew in my sleeping shirts and barefeet. Very relaxing and fun, for me.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM

For me shorts and t-shirts in warm weather and flannel pj pants and t-shirt in cold and maybe flannel pj top over t-shirt if cold...bare feet or socks.I am retired now and don't fuss much about how I look ...yeahhhhh
Old 10-26-2010, 10:13 AM

Night-O Day around the house in cool weather, sweats or flannal lounge Bottoms & t-shirt. warm weather knit shorts and a t-shirt. No Bra... Going out of the house Bra, T-shirt and usualy Jeans. Always dress for confort sence I'm retired and don't work anymore.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM

sounds like you all think like me--COMFORT. When I retired out went the suits and heels and in came the shorts, jersey pants, sweatpants and lots of Tee shirts.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
I like to sew naked. LOL
Just kidding. Whatever it is........always comfy!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:05 AM

Anything that is comfortable. Usually shorts and tank top in the summer and sweats in the winter and never any shoes although I may wear a pair of socks in the winter. I cannot sew with shoes on!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 AM

I wear jeans a lot when I go out, but not for when I am quilting. Too binding. I love the sweats. And they hid a lot of my muffin top too.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:15 PM

Most comfy is the loose fitting simple house dresses (from patterns) I make for myself with fabric on sale.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
my kids give me a hard time because everytime they come over when I am sewing/quilting they say I look like I am ready to go to bed. This is b/c my fav quilting clothes are boxer shorts/t-shirts in warm weather and my sons old flannel pj pants and long sleeve t-shirts in cold weather - all accompanied by my crocs. I keep telling them that is is imperative to dress to feel relaxed to sew. They think I am just too lazy to get dressed? Do you have a favorite sewing apparel?
Yes, I have a pair of flannel pjs which are a beautiful deep turquoise and yellow print. Had them for a few years, now. They are so comfy, warm yet light weight. I wear them in the summer if the AC gets too cold. They're my fav outfit. Have a few rips from a rambunctious lab puppy, missing a button, and some clorox bleach stains, and I love them.
I must go to Kohl's for a backup pair. Don't know what I'd do without those clorox pjs.
I'm making a red, white and black with a touch of creamy gray quilt for a teenage grandson. I didn't think it was going to be so great, but it's turning out nice.
Happy sewing.