Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you wear?

I live in shorts and t-shirts.

When I get in from work, I immediately change into drawstring lounge pants and a soft tshirt.

I wish you could arrange it so the next time they catch you sewing you could be in say, an evening gown or a business suit!

I just wear whatever I have on when I decide to sew...depends on the time of day and what else I've been doing. If it's early in the morning, it's what I slept in...comfy long t-shirt and shorts (or sweats if it's cold). If I've already been out of the house, then it's whatever I decided to wear that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I wear jeans. Pretty much all the time. Jean capris in the summer with a t-shirt. Long jeans in the winter with a sweatshirt.
    We would get along great. I dress the very same way!!!

community benefactor stevendebbie25's Avatar
    Be comfortable, I'm usually alone in the country, hubby works away from home, so jeans & comfortable. I learned from a quilt retreat, how many wear an apron, keeps the strings off your clothes, adds a pocket for keeping seam ripper or snips handy. Tried it, liked it, I can run to town and not look like I'm the dust mop now.

In the winter (as much as we get in California) I wear sweat pants/shirts, and any other time, jeans/twills and a knit top, either long or short sleeved depending on the weather. I have to admit, I have had my cup of tea in the morning in my PJs while looking through patterns for the day.

Sounds like we all agree on this.

Jeans, sweats, anything comfortable. I do try to remember to change, if I need to run out to the store, or someplace. More than once, I've realized that I am covered with threads and lint! In the summer, I sew barefoot and in the winter I wear those little slipper socks. Cannot stand to wear shoes when I am sewing.

I have what I call my 'house' clothes, mainly old stained and stretched out tee's, sweatshirts and knit pants. Recently realized that's most of what's hanging in my closet so I'm tossing the really ugly and stained stuff. Replacing them with inexpensive black and navy leggings I bought at Walmart, got the largest size I could find so they hang loose. Now I have to find a few XXXL lightweight sweatshirts to make some really nice house outfits, they also serve as pjs. Only thing I need whenever someone comes over is a lint roller to take off all the sewing threads that cling to me. May in Jersery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I wear jeans. Pretty much all the time. Jean capris in the summer with a t-shirt. Long jeans in the winter with a sweatshirt.
    That would be my daily uniform, as well. Flip flops in the summer and jock shoes in the winter.

I wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt in the winter and capris and T shirts in the summer. I want to be comfy at home. Oh....and no bra please.

I wear scrubs. Scrubs to work, scrubs to sew. Sometimes a sweatshirt and flannel pj bottoms. I have an extensive pj collection. My family knows they better bury me in comfy clothes or I will haunt them for the rest of their lives!

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt in the winter and capris and T shirts in the summer. I want to be comfy at home. Oh....and no bra please.
    OMG!! If I wouldn't wear a bra, I may cut one off with the rotary cutter!!!

Blog Entries
    Usually jammies till lunch time when I have to go put my teeth in anyway to eat!

doesn't really matter what you start out in...you will be covered in thread snippetts and tiny pieces of fabric when you're done and have to change before you leave the house anyhow!!! :) I say...be as comfy as possible, it's one less distraction!

Blog Entries
    If I have no place to be for the day, I wear pull-on long or short pants and tee shirt with sleep bra, comfortable shoes and I may or may not put on a dab of makeup.
    If I'm clean and not exposed then no one would criticize my dress for home but one time. 8-)

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song
    My family knows they better bury me in comfy clothes or I will haunt them for the rest of their lives!
    ROFLAO......................I thought I was the only crazy one I have told my kids NO CLOTHES............. that's as comfy as a person could get.

the more time you spend dressing, the less time you have to quilt! :D

Quote Originally Posted by auntiehenno
    Tell them to buzz off. It is YOUR house and YOU can do what YOU want.
    Yeah, I agree. Heck sometimes I don't get dressed for hours and am still in my pj's which are like boxers and a t-shirt. I want to be cool and comfortable. And at age 62, I don't give two flips on what other people think. As long as I'm comfortable.

I wear whatever I'm wearing when I get the urge to sew. Sometimes PJs, sometimes shorts and t shirt, sometimes, jeans. Just whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    OMG!! If I wouldn't wear a bra, I may cut one off with the rotary cutter!!!
    ROFL I am also a no bra person. Guess I finally can be happy I was never well endowed! No chance of getting the girls chopped off. :lol:

I am like you, comfort is priority. I like loose fitting clothes and nothing too warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam B
    Jeans, sweats, anything comfortable. I do try to remember to change, if I need to run out to the store, or someplace. More than once, I've realized that I am covered with threads and lint! In the summer, I sew barefoot and in the winter I wear those little slipper socks. Cannot stand to wear shoes when I am sewing.
    I thought I was the only one that can't sew with shoes on. I walk around with one shoe on and one shoe off.

I tend to get really warm when I sew for some reason. So I usually have a real thin, camisole like tank top on and my comfy pajama pants (often rolled up). I sometimes wear my slippers because my kitchen floor sometimes has crap on it (*blush*) and I don't like it under my feet.

definatley PJ's and bare feet! With a cup of coffee and snacks! Oh put the phone near me too. Don't want to have to get up for anything when I quilt. Unless I have to go to the bathroom :oops:

I usually wear sweats and only "dress up" if I know someone is coming over to talk quilts. For some reason people tend to think you don't know what you are doing or talking about if they think you are dressed down.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast