Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is everyone working on today? >

What is everyone working on today?

What is everyone working on today?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:18 PM

I'm in the middle of a One Block Wonder, that I'm making for good friends' cabin in northern MN. Four fabrics prints that have things in common with their activities: deer heads, fish, loons on water and evergreen needles. I need to make a bunch more blocks and then rearrange them until I really like it. I also have reverseable placemats to make with Christmas or Fall prints on one side and fruit or vegie prints on the other. I'm also in the middle of a Challenge Quilt for a fireworks organization I belong to. The deadline for it's completion is next August. I'm still not totally sure this is the pattern I want to use for this year's entry. Then there's the other side of the duvet cover to make, once I decide what pattern to use. Then sew it all together so I can put the down comforter inside and use it! I think that's about it for now. Ha Ha - when will I get all that done?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:19 PM

I just now FINISHED the top for Harmony Quilts BOM. Well, at least the blocks part - I still need to add a border or two. But this was so frustrating due to the poor quality of the directions and the numerous errors in the cutting directions. I also found several errors in the assembly instructions. What a mess - and I"m glad I had lots of extra background fabric since so much was wasted due to the errors.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 PM

I did absolutely NOTHING today. I bought fabric yesterday to make 3 aprons (and I will need them finished for Jan 2 Xmas with my side of the family) and had good intentions of at least getting them cut out today. Sorry to say, it did not happen. I went to church, fixed dinner at home, took a nap, watched some football, took another nap, read some in a novel, and watched some more TV. Yep...I have been a couch potato all day. :( I am off school all this week so I will sew tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

I am going to be sewing with my DGS for the first time this week :D:D:D They are 6,6, and 4. Old enough to sit in front of me and do some simple sewing. The twins will each be making a small wall hanging and the 4 yr old a potholder, all for their mama's :D:D:D
Old 12-28-2009, 05:37 AM

Tiffany, I think I would have liked the scrappy border
also. I had planned on using some of the fabric we used for the inside. I think it will look better once we get the applique on the border.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Banned

I am going to make a frame for 4" thick styrofoam targets for my daughter and I to shoot at with our Red Ryder BB guns :mrgreen: then I am going to work on a couple of quilts for the "Quilt for kids" this afternoon.

Billy
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 AM

I am going to be finishing up a quilt for my daughter. Have to sew the sashing and then borders and sammy it and quilt it. Hopefully i can get most of it done since it is only lap size.

Sheila
Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 AM

I have 5 wallhangings to bind, one to quilt and bind, my DJ blocks to finish, a NY Beauty quilt to continue on and two other quilts started. Not to mention the UFO's and other WIPs. Swamped and loving it!!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:01 PM

Red Ryder! Love that movie!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:23 PM

Starting my Raspberry/Chocolate blocks for swap, working on a quilt for our local guild show (maybe!!!) at the end of January, starting to get fabrics for my January doll quilt swap. What else.....????? I'm sure I'm forgetting something!!! LOL :lol: :lol:

Oh, see? I knew I forgot something.....my Quilts for Kids kit is on the shelf, too.