Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is everyone working on today? >

What is everyone working on today?

What is everyone working on today?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Not working on anything today. Ran 4" short of the fabric I was using to bind a table runner that was supposed to be given as a gift on Christmas Day. That's what happends when you leave the sewing til the last mintue. I was going for a quick binding, sew on in back, machine zig zag down in front. Sewed binding on long sides of runner before I realized I didn't have enough for both short sides. Tried to be figure out a way to bind sides without having to removed binding that's already sewn down. Nothing in my stash is working so I'll take a quick run to Joanns to see if I can find a compatable fabric. Hate to have to remove what I've already sewn down and use a new fabric for the entire binding. Off I go to Joanns. May in Jersey
If you don't find what you need, fear not! Grab up one of those sheets of fabric that you can print on, scan your fabric into your computer, and simply print off a sheet of your fabric. Walla! Instant fixer. I wouldn't suggest this if you need a lot of fabric but it is cost effective if you only need a sheet or two. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by luvfabric
Tiffany, I think I would have liked the scrappy border
also. I had planned on using some of the fabric we used for the inside. I think it will look better once we get the applique on the border.
Be sure to post a picture when you get the applique on so we can all Oooh and Aaahhh over it. :D

I finished up my final day at work today. From now on I am a homebody (yay!) and the rest of this week will see me feverishly finishing up a Thanksgiving table topper for a UFO challenge (due the 4th) and finding time to sandwich a queen size quilt, as well as finishing up a dozen 6" blocks for a block exchange (also due the 4th). Ack! I need to get busy!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Here is the table topper I'm currently working on.

Thanksgiving Table Topper
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61801.jpe  
Old 12-29-2009, 03:17 PM

Great table topper Tiffany.

Thanks for the suggestion of printing my binding fabric on a fabric sheet. That should take care of the 4" I need to finish the Christmas table runner. May in Jersey
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM

Thanks May! The center is a cheater panel that I was given by my Secret Sister in my local guild. She doesn't know I'm working on it and I'm hoping she'll be pleased to see it finished (before next Thanksgiving! :lol: ) at the guild meeting in January. I've discovered those panels are a great way to practice my machine quilting, thank God! I sure need the practice. :|
Old 02-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, lots of ideas! What is everyone working on since it is now 2010???
Old 02-13-2010, 06:05 PM

My DH & I moved the twin bed to the other bedroom so that I have a room that is devoted only to my sewing! Now got to clean up the mess that was left under the bed!! Dust Bunnys galore.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Wow, lots of ideas! What is everyone working on since it is now 2010???
I have finished a baby quilt, have another one ready to sandwich, have finished a quilt for a 3 year old (except for binding, which I'll put on today), I've finished a quilt for my grandfather who is going through chemo & need to get it mailed out, finished a table topper, am working on finishing up the top to a wedding quilt I need to have done by the second week in March, and I finished 12 appliqued snowflake blocks for a block exchange.

Whew! I'm tired just reading all of that.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:37 PM

Love those trivets. Now where is that thread about which projects we're doing in 2010. I think I need to amend it.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:47 AM

I am working on a baby quilt for my great-grandson, hope I can get it finished before he is born, he is due May 15th.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:33 AM

I am finishing the borders for a quilt for my DD. I spent hours yesterday sewing together a piano type border. I still have to press and trim it before adding to the quilt.
But first I am going to the library to pick up Dean Koontz's latest book!

Ditter