Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you done to challenge yourself? >

What have you done to challenge yourself?

What have you done to challenge yourself?

Old 05-18-2018, 05:57 AM

If you want a challenge, try one of Bonnie hunter's scrap patterns. There are so many pieces and really take a while to do. At least for me.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:23 AM

Setting my feet on the floor and becoming erect each morning is enough of a challenge for me. The last two years have been very challenging for me. I admire all the work I see displayed on this board, and I especially admire the people who have overcome personal challenges. When I see a post by Jan in VA or Kalama Quilts, I take the thoughts as lessons in life. Thank you to all those who use this board to teach others the "how tos". I learn something new every day. Now, must look up David Taylor's method of applique as mentioned in this thread.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I learned to do apliquick and am making Lori Holt's Bee Happy quilt.
https://jinnybeyer.com/product/apliq...-for-applique/
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Every new project has challenges, even if it's a pattern I've done before. Sometimes it's the use of fabric - fussy-cut for example, and sometimes it's matching the points perfectly. My big challenge has been FMQ. I am moving from a timid beginner through the confident stage now. Am I any good at it? Well, I am getting better and I am not ashamed to pass on my projects. The latest quilt even has feathers on it.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:53 AM

A Dear Jane quilt was enough of a challenge to last through this decade! Awesome quilt, incredibly time consuming!
Old 08-06-2018, 04:05 AM

I needle turn appliqué, but had never machine appliquéd. Until last year. One of our Guild members taught a class using templates which we pre-turned the pieces then using a tiny stitch machine appliqué the stitches. Lack binding but almost done. The fun was in meeting as a group. Here is a link to similar templates. http://www.piecingthepastquilts.com/simplique