Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What iron do you have????? >

What iron do you have?????

What iron do you have?????

Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
pab

Rowenta,professional,have had for almost 20 yrs.made in germany & no problems pab
Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
I'm not saying this to ruffle anyone's feathers it's just my opinion I can't see spending so much money just for an iron. I have a 7 dollar proctor silex from walmart and it works great.
David
I thought the same thing-until I bought a good iron. HUGE HUGE difference.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

I've had much better luck with cheap irons, because then when they go bad, you're not out as much. I spent $18 on my current Black & Decker, and it's lasted for a year now.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gale
Originally Posted by davidwent
I'm not saying this to ruffle anyone's feathers it's just my opinion I can't see spending so much money just for an iron. I have a 7 dollar proctor silex from walmart and it works great.
David
I thought the same thing-until I bought a good iron. HUGE HUGE difference.
Amen!!! And like I said, my Krupps was bought in 1994, and doesn't sputter or spit, just even steam or dry heat.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:26 AM

I had a Rowena for about 3 yrs (I had knocked it over on the floor many times). I just recently purchased a SHARK and a small Sunbeam one for classes. What I would really like is to find one at a thrift store (from the 50's -70's), that when U turn it on it gets really hot, and stays hot.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
I have a Black and Decker that has lasted 20+ years! Have been looking for a small iron for retreats, classes, etc. Just bought a Rowenta from JoAnn's but haven't got it out of the box yet.
take it back while you can they are serious leakers!

I have a black & decker from Wm that was a REmake of an older iron..wow..is that good...aside from that many find that buying the older irons from thrift shops works better...todays irons just do NOT hold up to prolonged use! another way to keep you buying..and keep our landfills full!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
I have a Black and Decker that has lasted 20+ years! Have been looking for a small iron for retreats, classes, etc. Just bought a Rowenta from JoAnn's but haven't got it out of the box yet.
take it back while you can they are serious leakers!

I have a black & decker from Wm that was a REmake of an older iron..wow..is that good...aside from that many find that buying the older irons from thrift shops works better...todays irons just do NOT hold up to prolonged use! another way to keep you buying..and keep our landfills full!
I had 2 Rowentas over the years. Never had a leakage problem. I had the Pro one. They finally just burned out. This time I bought a cheap one to tide me over until I ordered an Oliso. the cheap one worked and that is about all I can say for it. Love the Oliso.