Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Kind of Fabrics Do You Gravitate To?

I am like minstrel I like the lodge and wilderness but then a bright green will call me LOL
    I keep thinking about the bright green with red lady bugs on it I saw at Joanns hmmm wish they did internet sales. Amarillo is 90 miles away :cry:

My favorite color has always been blue. A few years ago I made 3 very large all blue Trips Around the World. Now whenever I walk into a store I head there first. I did not think about it at first. But when I realized it I had to pull myself to the other colors. I do like green and beige so I concentrate on them also.

As far as the prints.........I like things that are not in straight lines. (in case I get sloppy with my cutting). Cute prints like doggies, or things like that.

I love muted floral.

But what I always look for is green. I have such a hard time finding anything pretty in green. It's like the manufactures come up with pretty patterns and designs for every other color :evil:

I love repos - I'm doing a dresden plate in 30's repos and then I'm going to be making a DJ in Civil War repos.

Banned
    I also love dark fall colors, (Maybe that has to do something with I was born on the first day of fall ;) )
    I love reproduction fabrics, and blues and dark greens. I do not like pastels, but other then that I love almost everything. :mrgreen:

I worked with some luminaries and loved them!!! I would love to have more. Maybe when I am out of fabric!

Kyia

Let's see, yep, I love them all. But when I enter a quilt shop the thing that really grabs me is unusual fabrics. I have picked out some really "weird" stuff, but they often make cool quilts.

I like the 1800s stuff a lot. I also love bright, clear colors paired with white.

I love the pastels and the small prints!

Karen xx

I automatically head for the black/white prints, then head for the patriotic fabrics. After that, it's on to bright colored flowers on a black background. I also avoid anything with (supposedly) straight lines on it, since I know from experience they won't be straight when I get done with them and I hate to see the wobbles.

I like most things except novelty prints. I went through a 1930's stage, but I am done with that. I don't care for Thimbleberries - they all look alike to me.

I am drawn to CW reproduction fabrics and Kansas Troubles Quilters fabrics. I like deep rich colors. BUT, I also have a stash of 30s repros, black and whites, blue and yellows, I spy, etc. I have even collected some hot pink, orange and yellow batiks that I am going to step out of my comfort zone and use in a quilt! There is NO telling at any given time what I might be buying! :lol:

I have a serious addiction to batiks of all kinds.

farscapegal
    I am like Extreme Quilter. I am drawn to batiks. When I make a quilt I go to them first.

I like fabrics that have textural designs not necessarily flowers or whatever. I like it to have movement. I don't use solids at all. I would rather use a tone on tone.

But mostly it depends on what type of quilt I am making. I don't do a lot of traditional quilts. I prefer Art Quilts.

Sybil

Pinks (my FAVORITE color), patriotic prints, 1930s kids repo, and "beachy" colors.

Lynne

I have just discovered the fusion blenders by robert kaufamn. They (all colors) are talking to me. I also have a soft spot for 30's repros and batiks. But I rally love lamost anything except maybe stripes and plaids. It all screams at me "buy, buy, buy"!

I can go into a fabric store blindfolded and still come out with autumn colors. I love tone-on-tones and batiks, too. And brights against black, and art nouveau prints.

I guess it would be easier just to say anything except pastels and kids prints in general

I don't know...I just know when I see it if I like it....If I am drawn to it, I must touch it.....

Nancy, I know what you mean. I just have to touch. My DH calls me "Fabric fingers" :lol:

I tend to go to two different kinds
    bright childrens prints
    and soft flowers..vintage look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2