Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What makes your quilting/sewing room so special?

my sewing room is my close off the worls place when I enter in there I am in heaven , (well almost) , I have my notions in marked boxes , fabric folded and in colours , patterns in pocket over the doors ruler all lined up on the end of my cutting table , music playing and and I just love it .
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropical
    My DH makes my sewing room special for me. :)

My DH is the same as yours with his building skills and it is so wonderful and supportive. I support his woodworking skills and love what he makes also. Win-win marriage.
    :-D

It's all mine!!! and the grandkids are not allowed in there, nor is my husband unless I want him to do something. Right now it is rather crowded as I have my 10' quilt frame set up, will be moving it into my husbands room when he is able to move it.

Mine is a WIP, but it is mine, and everyone leaves me alone when I'm in there.

What makes my room special is.... it's mine, just mine! No sharing as a guest room. I can decorate as I like, I put an embroidered Sunbonnet Children Valance up that I created as I love Sunbonnets. I play my favorite music, and have my doll collection in there with me. Everything else is all my sewing paraphernalia and my 2 machines including my grandma's 1924 treadle. I totally LOVE my room! :-D

After years of asking for a sewing room I have my own. Of course single now and kids all grown but still love calling it "My sewing room"!

I love having a whole closet to house my fabric. No one is allowed in the closet unless I am there to make sure the fabric for doll clothes or a little project aren't the $9+ fabric. You know what I mean. I have a cabinet that houses two of my singers and my Ott light. The cabinet is shut most of the summer when I am in the garden and open from cold weather till the end of cold weather. I have my computer in the room too. All of these things don't get moved unless I move them and that in itself is a pleasure. Of couse that also means if it is a mess, I did it!

sap
    DH has his MAN cave, I have my WOMAN cave. nuf-said.

Well my sewing room is in my laundry room.It is about 22x20 and I have 2 6ft tables beside one another with my sewing table and embroidery table placed one end of those .Then I have a six shelf wire rack and 9 or ten BIG commercial drawers full of fabric.My accuquilt Go is on the shelf in front of the window and the cupboards are storage for my thread and (a few plastic dishes etc)The double door closet is where I put my wall when needed. Dh put a floresant light above my sewing tables and there is also two windows and another ceiling light with afan above the 2 6ft tables.It is my space and I love going there and doing my thing!Plus I can get my laundry done all at the same time :thumbup:

Power Poster
    A chaise lounge, a rocking chair and a twin bed for guests.

Quote Originally Posted by echoemb
    I love your cattle dog.. Proud owner of 3.
    Oh now your avitar is a cutie if i've ever seen one! :-D

Blog Entries
    I guess it is all mine, mess and all. I wish it had a door. At least I can do whatever I want in that room. I feel like it is my "girl cave".

I love my room (not done yet) because it is mine and I can have what ever I want in there and I can arrange it to my liking. I also have some antiques with the new and love it. I have enough storage and I store some fabric downstairs. All my projects I can see that are in containers. I love it!! I can leave stuff out and not worry about putting things away if I am having company. It is heaven!!

Because the room is mine! Not very big, but on main floor since I have fibro, makes life easier. Have 2 big south facing windows, and 2 east. Very quiet and peaceful. Good place for me to do my "therapy" crafts! :)

I love the decor, all girlie girl. And everything is exactly the right height for me.

Now the other thing that makes it special is that it is the hottest room in the house. I keep the window open all winter long and if I sew in the summer I need to set the AC in the house at 60 to keep my room 78.

Blog Entries
    First I painted it deep turquoise, there are all kinds of things hanging on the walls that refer to quilting. Then all the bookcases filled with colorful fabric and books. I think my 4 year old granddaughter put it best. She said "Grammy it is a happy room" :thumbup:

mine is special to me because it is "my" room and mine only i can upstairs to my sewing room and no one will bother me

Blog Entries
    The DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. When I'm in the zone, everyone knows to find it themself, make their own lunch(or dinner sometimes), that Mom is not availlable!

It's the one place I can go to for peace & quiet, except for the machine noise, of course!

Because I can touch, smell, and see all that color and think about the possibilities. It's a place to dream and plan and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I was in the process of setting up my quilting room in our spare bedroom downstairs. It was going to be my special, all mine, quiet room. Well we have an unexpected guest staying with us for a while, so I have put some of the finishing touches for my room on hold. But I always love to hear how some of you have made your quilting rooms like your personal sanctuary and a place you love to be. I was curious what some you have added to or have done to your rooms that make them such a special place?
    First of all,is size, 15' x 20', a huge north picture window with lots of light and a resting spot for my eyes as I scope out the birds on the feeder outside the window, tv and tape player for those older ones and several Ott lamps for each machine. These old eyes don't see as well as they used to.

My sewing room is a shrine of everyting in my life from when I was a little girl to present. Gifts from others, things I have made, stuff I just like to look at. There are interesting things sitting and hanging around everywhere! It's my room :)

Mine ! Think I have DH talked into makeing quest room into quasy sewing room too ! this way I'll have folding table for cutting dress patterns, iron board up , serger at the ready ! dress fabric in there ! and only when company comes will I have to take down !!!!! This he is likeing than having it all up in kitchen foyer for days at a time !!!!! he he he he I think he is almost ready to yes this !!!!! hope with me please pretty please !! I'll even be able to put Matilda (dress form) in there too !!!! I'm getting giddy now better close ! hugs

I love my sewing room because I share it with two of my calm cats they have thier own quilts to lay on plus they agree with me on everything and being by myself, but still being home in case I'm needed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woody1229
    I don't have a sewing room in our teeny tiny house, but I claimed a little nook notched out of our bedroom. It's impossibly small, but very efficiently laid out so that I have everything at my fingertips! There are two nice windows for light and pretty foliage. I am a huge fan of Abraham Lincoln, so I have my two favorite Lincoln portraits looking down on me as I create and sew! I love the organization of my little space, although I can't deny that I dream of the day when I might have a whole room to make my own. Never take it for granted, those of you who have the luxury of space!!
    I know that the 'fates' will align, and you , too get 'your space'. Most of us started right where you are. You will have, what we have, when it is time for you to have it. Make sure to tell us when you get it, and to post pictures. :thumbup:

Dee
    Its my own space. I can have all of me to me. I feel I can sew to my hearts content. I'm surrounded by my friends. Machines, fabric and notions.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast